What's new

Onkyo 595 owners... has this happened to you? (1 Viewer)

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
I was watching TV yesterday, and my reciever was in DPLII mode when suddenly it decided to switch itself over to Orchestra?! This happened again this morning. Anyone have similar problems or hear of something similar?
I didn't get the best deal for this reciever at Circut City, but if there is a problem, it's nice know I can bring it back to them.
Thanks!
Mike D.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Never had that happen with mine... However, when the batteries got low in the remote, it would change to Orchestra mode if I tried to change my channel levels (i.e. during calibration). If it's just doing it when you're not touching the remote, that's bizarre...

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
I'll have to keep an eye on it... If it does it again I'll change my remote batteries.
Thanks.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Ok... looks like it's not my remote. The reciever switched to Orchestra again this morning. The remote wasn't in view of the reciever either. I guess I'm going to need to return it?

Could it be the source material switching from stereo to mono or something? I have the auto switch feature on. Weird thing is, it was the same channel... Good Morning America and my local news that made it switch. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

Mike D.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Mike,

Stupid question, but what are your default listening modes for your inputs? Even if you force it into DPLII for awhile, if there is an interruption in the signal it might default. Just throwing options at you : ) BTW - I have the 696, so mine could be different....

Matt

Vietor

Stunt Coordinator
No problems like that for me, though I did have my remote wig out on me. Pressing any button would make all the lites at the top lite up, behind the mode selection to light up, and it was non functional as a remote control. Took out the batteries for a bit and it fixed, it, but it freaked me out.

Matt, the 595 has the same sort of ability to have predefined presets for any input. So it could be that, but I really ahve no clue.

Anyone else have thier remote freak out?

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Matt,

I forgot to check that out. I'm pretty sure my default is DPLII, but I could be wrong... I'll double check when I get home.

Thanks

Mike D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks