What's new

Onkyo 595 or Denon 1802, urgent!!! (1 Viewer)

Luis Gomes

Auditioning
Hello everyone,
I want to buy an AV receiver and I do not know which amp to buy, the prices here are very similar:
- Onkyo 595
- Denon 1802
The speakers that I want to buy are:
- Front, Monitor Audio Silver 5I
- Center, Monitor Audio Bronze center
- Surround back, Monitor Audio Bronze 3
- Sub, KEF PSW 1000
Is there anybody out there?
:frowning:
Thank, for your attention.

Steve-sas

Agent
I have the Denon 1802 and am very pleased with it. I compared it to the Onkyo and preferred the Denon. If possible you need to listen to both.

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
Both have DD audio dropout for PH, JP, and Atlantis.
This is not necessarily true. My Onkyo 595 has no DD dropouts in PH or Atlantis. I haven't played JP3. I've stated this many times, but invariably people will claim that Onkyo's WILL have the problem (period). I suspect its the combination of receiver and DVD player as I have not heard any complaints from those with Toshiba players (I've got a Toshiba SD1600). But this is just speculation. Its good to be wary of this problem, but not every Onkyo (or Denon I'd imagine) has it.
Back on topic - The Onkyo 595 is being replaced by the new 600. Some upgrades include 6.1 processing with 6 internal amplifiers, adjustable DPL2 parameters, front panel inputs. Still no pre-amp outputs so its difficult to run 2 rear center speakers. One downgrade is lack of phono input. You can probably get the best price from www.jandr.com if you call them and negotiate a bit. A few guys have paid $407 plus shipping.

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
I have the Onkyo 595 and am very satisfied. I have not had any dropout problems with JP or Atlantis or any other disc. My only complaint is that the manual leaves much to be desired.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
A BIG plus for the Onkyo... the remote. Far better than Denon's. I have a 595, and my buddy as a Denon 2802... horrible remote compared to my cheaper Onkyo.
Of course if you plan on getting a better remote, this point is useless... although, I haven't had the NEED to upgrade the Onkyo remote... ;)

Luis Gomes

Auditioning
Hello,
next weekend I am going to listen to both and then I am going to decide the one to by.
Thank all for the information.
:emoji_thumbsup: :)

As mentioned above the 595 is being replaced with the SR600. with its 6.1 abilities and other improvements, including an additional 5 watts (80 watts) and ofcourse the awsome remote, i think it fairly beats the Denon 1802.

I have the 696 and am very happy with it.

Prashanth

also, you can find the sr600 at bestpriceaudiovideo.com (an authorized dealer) for $449 (including shipping & no sales tax). I thk thats the best deal at hte moment. You'd be hard pressed to find the denon at that price.

prashanth

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiwipip