What's new

Onkyo 595 hookup questions (1 Viewer)

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Im getting some hiss through my Energy Take 5.2 speakers when playing a CD through my Panny RP56. Its not bad, but certainly noticable. I have the Panny connected to the Onkyo with an Acoustic Research pro series optical to the OPT 1 port on the Onkyo (DVD on the input selector). Now, when I listen to a CD, I just listen through DVD input on the Onkyo.
Is this right, or am I supposed to hook up left and right RCA's from the DVD player to the Onkyo CD IN (as well as the optical) and listen to my music through the CD input of the Onkyo...Im using 12 gauge Audio King all around and AR pro connectors so I dont think thats the problem. Is the Panny simply weak for CD listening??
Also, can anyone with the Energys tell me where to set the x-over dial on the sub at ? Thanks, Mike :confused:

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
The have the Onkyo 696 and Panny 56 and Take 5.2 with S8.2 sub. I have the same hissing problem also when playing CD's in the Panny and have it connected via optical cable optical input 1. I am planning to get a 6 disc cd player next month anyways so Im not going to mess with the problem. As for your second question how did you wire up your sub first. High Level or Sub out. The LPF control is 100 HZ at the 1 oclock position and goes to 50HZ at the other end. If your using the sub out on the Onkyo and have it coneccted the xover on the sub then the BL and LPF controls are bypassed.

Sean

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Sean, I have the sub connected with a single RCA from the sub-out on the Onkyo to the jack labled 'input' on the sub. The volume dial on the sub works, are you saying the receiver is bypassing the x-over dial on the sub?

Have you tried/heard a different CD player with your receiver at all? Wondering if the L/R RCA's might make a difference? Thanks , Mike

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
if you're running the digital out, then the receiver is doing the decoding (i think). i'd at least be curious to see what happens if you run the composite out and let the dvd player do the decoding.

that should help nail down which component may be causing the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks