What's new

Onkyo 595 digital input trouble (1 Viewer)

Ryan Ab

Grip
I put a post on the basics area and got but one response so i thought I 'd try here.

I do not get any audio from my dvd player from the digital coax cable. No dts or dd. I have the reciever checked to coax1, multi off. and the audio is checked to the coax1 input. If I hook up the analog l and r cables I get the dpl II to come on. I have tried the coax 2 input and another coax cable. I don't have an optical cable to try (yet). Any suggestions?

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
You have multichannel turned OFF? It has to be set to ON or it won't work.

Also, go into the listening mode preferences and set A/PCM to SURROUND and DIGITAL to SURROUND. Also, you can manually switch it to digital using the output buttons at the bottom of the remote (i.e. stereo, direct, surround, etc.).

If that doesn't work, then you need to check the output settings on your DVD player.

Ryan Ab

Grip
After giving up, I bought an optical input hooked it up and bamm, everything works. I am now able to enjoy the wonderful world of dts and dd. Unfortunately, I still don't know if the coax problem lies with the dvd player's output or the coax input on the reciever.

Is there any way you could use some kind of tester on the digital coax from the dvd player to see if it is indeed sending a signal?

Jason Wolters

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know the make of your receiver. On many receivers the optical and coaxial inputs share different inputs. For example on mine, while using the coaxial input i select DVD 6 channel on the front of my receiver. With the optical connection I select DVDCD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks