What's new

Onkyo 575x vs say... 787 SOUND QUALITY! (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Would a receiver of the class of the 787 offer a significant or even noticeable increase in sound quality over the 575x? I am not interested in DPL II. My room is 12x15.
My current receiver sounds good, I just wish I had a little
more headroom.
I am mostly interested in 2Ch improvements.
--
Holadem

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Also, I am trying to set the stage for future upgrades: My current reciever has no preouts and I will definitely go separate some day.
Knowing that I have little interest in 6.1, is it worth spending $400 on thing for the extra power? (I will sell my current 575x)
Will it sound better?
I have Paradigm Monitor 7 mains etc... + SVS 20-39PC
--
Holadem
[Edited last by Holadem on October 12, 2001 at 10:08 PM]

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
are you stuck on Onkyo? i'd consider the Marantz line if you aren't bound to one brand...
------------------
-Thomas
My HT

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
No but with the wave of new receivers I am hoping to make a killer deal on last year's hot stuff. The Denon 3801 comes up very often but my perception of it is that it is feature ladden at the expense of power. Since POWER and SOUND QUALITY at loud volume (both HT and music) are the main reason I am thinking of upgrading, it might not fit the bill.
I couldn't care less about all the extra channels.
Anyone?
--
Holadem

jason celaya

Stunt Coordinator
The Denon has seemed to be more true to its marketed power rating than the Onkyo according to s&V.

Dan_Myers

Agent
The 575x does not have pre outs. I have it and I enjoy it very much. It does have 5.1 inputs so you could use it as a 5 channel amp in the beginning of your move to pre/pro and add a pair of monoblocks to move up to 7.1 seperates.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks