ONKYO 575x and a JBL S series setup.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ruben Zamora, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Ruben Zamora

Ruben Zamora Stunt Coordinator

Ok guys, I'm getting my PB12 sub and S-Center this week via UPS and was wondering how to setup the SUB with my ONKYO and My Center Channel. Some people say to leve the center as SMALL instead of Large. I've seen this Center in the flesh and it seems like a fairly large center and should be set Large. I knkow you all will say to try it out, but I'm affraid to blow something [​IMG]. So what do you all with this setup recommend.

2. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

I have it set at large with my Onkyo 575x(s-center). I have all my speakers set at large and sub yes (velo ct10).

3. Marcelo T

Marcelo T Stunt Coordinator

I have the s center plus s38 as mains. There´s no way you can use the s-center as large. It FR is 75-20khz, so it wont´t reproduce low bass. You'll have to set the crossover to 100hz at least, to compensate the lack of bass of this speaker.

4. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

Realize that when you set speakers to Large, any non-LFE bass (could be all or most of it) that falls below the capabilities of the speaker will not somehow get to the subwoofer-it will be thrown away.
    "Large", when referring to this setting, has nothing to do with size. A "Large" speaker should be capable of going down to 20Hz or so with the authority of a subwoofer. If not, it's "Small". That speaker should be set to "small" under all circumstances.
    http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...pril-2000.html

5. RichardH

RichardH Supporting Actor

The S-center is most definitely a "small" speaker as far as bass management is concerned. Even the S-38s I would run small.

6. Ruben Zamora

Ruben Zamora Stunt Coordinator

WHat about on the Subwoofer. I dont have it yet, but in the back I believe theres a LFE switch. WIth my Onkyo 575x the Sub should have the LFE switched to LFE right?

7. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

Yes, all that switch does is bypass the sub's internal crossover, which is desireable when its signal is being low-pass filtered already, as it is from the sub-out jack.