What's new

Onkyo 494 Shutting Down (1 Viewer)

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
The last two nights, when watching DVD's, my Onkyo receiver has shut off about halfway through each movie. The whole display goes dark, the receivers standby mode LED blinks and that's about it. I can turn it back on and watch the rest of the movie without a problem.

Nothing about the setup has changed except that my wife moved the sub so that it now sits in the right corner, about a foot from the system. This didn't happen before she moved the sub. No outlet changes, all the cables look intact and fine, it's well ventilated with a foot behind and the receiver at the top of the open stand with nothing above it.

I gather this may be Onkyo's protect mode kicking in, though there's barely a mention in the manual about protect mode other than it exists. I'm waiting for a reply from them. In the meantime, I was hoping someone might have some thoughts/experience as to what might be causing this?

MichaelLT

Auditioning
I have the same unit and nothing like that has happened to me. What level do you run yours at when you are watching a DVD?

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Michael, do you mean volume? If so, only 30 or so.

Still waiting for Onkyo to respond, if they ever will.

Bo, I'm thinking about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks