What's new

Onix Rockets RS750 (1 Viewer)

Jonathan^DO

Auditioning
Hi,

Up for sale, is a single Onix Rocket RS750 Sig.

The reason I'm selling it, is because I was going to use it as a rear center, but decided against it, after realizing I don't watch movies all that much, and that my room size isn't anywhere near big enough to warrant 6.1.

The speaker's condition is a very conservative 8/10, No scratches that I noticed, but there may well be scratches. However, I've heard of really bad seller experiences where people said the ad wasn't fair, so I'll take it down two grades.

The speaker is in it's original box, with the cloth it came with and everything, the speaker itself is super heavy, I would prefer local pickup.

Price: $300 OBO + Shipping

If you look on AV123, they have 2 RS750 pairs on sale for 800 bucks per pair + 50-60 in shipping (could be more I forget), That means for a single speaker, it would be $400 (Plus one of the pairs is slightly discolored, this is regularly colored), I'm selling it for $300, I think that's pretty fair.

Thanks for looking,
Jon

Jonathan^DO

Auditioning
To rehash, here's the deal:

An RS 750 SIGNATURE SERIES, not the original series

$300 OBO + Shipping (would prefer local pickup in socal)

8/10 condition, but probably higher, I'm the second owner and got this via b-stock on av123, but personally have never really gotten to use it.

Come with original double box, cloth, and everything else.

If anyone is kind enough to reply, do they think the price is too high? or is there just no interest in a single speaker?

I think the biggest problem is that it is a single speaker. Most people who would be buying a floor stander like this would go for a pair.

Jonathan^DO

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply, Yeah I understand, just thought someone could use a VERY cheap rear center or mid center, depending on my tax return, the price could go down.

Jonathan^DO

Auditioning
Ok Price Drop time, especially with income tax refunds coming in. $250 + shipping, getting really hard to beat the price, even if it's for a single speaker. You could easily piece together a 5.1 setup with the b-stock that av123 has.

Jonathan^DO

Auditioning
Hey Kevin,

I believe you can buy a single speaker from AV123, however, generally it has to be a "new one" in that they generally don't seperate B-stock, so the price would be 1/2 the regular price of a RS750 sig. If you want to try though, I have seen a single b-stock speaker for sale on AV123, albiet it was damaged.

As for where I live, I live in the southern california area.

Thanks for looking

Jonathan^DO

Auditioning
Sorry guys first time seller on HTF so bear with me if my listing wasn't complete, that wasn't my intention. It's rosewood, thanks for looking.

David Keith

Stunt Coordinator
Jonathon,
I think you'll find that Rockets don't have as good of a resell value as most others. I have some I can't sell at a give away price. So that's probably what I'll do with them, give them away, to a friend of mine that is. It comes to a point where I'd rather give them to a friend/relative, than drop the price below the 30% of retail that I last listed them at. I learned a lesson with these.
Good luck to ya !

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
Curtis...

Bingo! Sorry I don't have a prize for you ;)

Rockets are very highly regarded speakers but as Curtis pointed out its hard to sell just one. Couple that with the fact that someone would likely get a b-stocker set direct from Onix as opposed to buying used for about the same price...

David Keith

Stunt Coordinator
You're right about that, how many people can use a single tower for a center? I had a pair of Def Tech towers as my front center at one point. I had them on custom made stands, ON THEIR SIDES, with the tops nearly touching, if you know what I mean. That way, the mids and tweets were equi-distance from the center of the screen.If you used a single tower on it's side, the mids and tweets would be closer to one side of the screen than the other. I went thru alot of Def Techs, and could always get about 60% - 65% of retail back when I sold them on e-bay.
This single Rocket tower he is selling would work great as a single rear center, if you have room for it and can put it on a stand, so as to get the tweets high enough above ear level like it needs to be.

Jonathan^DO

Auditioning
Hey guys,

I am well aware it is difficult to sell a single speaker but just a couple issues:

1.) I mean to use it as a rear center, not a front center, many people have 5.1s

2.) Kevin, this is not anywhere close to Onix's B-stock Price. Onix's B-stock price for a RS750 Sig, is 800 + shipping which should be about 400 something for a single speaker. I am asking for 250 + shipping, which is 150 less. If you are insinuating that I am trying to get top dollar for this I believe you are absolutely wrong. In fact, the sum of it's components would probably just add up to around 200 bucks.

3.) David I guess you are right, I'll probably just end up keeping it to use as a rear surround or give it away.

Thanks for looking, and a lot of you have looked...one of the most viewed threads, I guess I always have that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks