What's new

Onix Reference 2 vs Paradigm Studio, an upgrade? (1 Viewer)

Brian_S

Auditioning
I'm looking for a decent set of towers in the $1000-$2000 price range. They will be used for about 60% music and 40% as part of a home theater setup.

I'm currently using a H/K AVR525.

I've auditioned the Paradigm Studio 60's and was impressed. The fit and finish was also pretty good. These retail for $1600/pair I think.

I've also been considering the Onix Reference 2, which are a little more expensive. I'm assuming the fit and finish will be superior to the Paradigm's. What about sound?

Has anyone compared these two speakers? Are the Onix Reference 2's an upgrade from the Paradigm 60's?

Also, since I will be using these for home theater, I'd be interested to hear from anyone that could comment on the center channel performance of the Onix Reference 100 or Paradigm CC470

mackie

Supporting Actor
CC470 is an outstanding center channel. Very wide sound stage with accurate vocals. I haven't heard the Rocket speakers, I'd like too, so I can't compare them.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
You can save some money by going the other way in the Rocket/Onix line and get the 550s. They are comparable to the Studio60 and even the 100. I've heard the Ref1s and they are very nice. The Ref2 should clearly be a step above 100s.

EDIT - Try audioenvy.com to see if there is someone in your area that will let you come listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks