Onix Reference 2 Floorstanding Loudspeaker

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by JasonIs, Jul 7, 2003.

1. JasonIs

JasonIs Agent

Anyone have any insight on how the Onix Reference 2 Floorstanding Loudspeakers sound?

2. BobAlbano

BobAlbano Second Unit

I have spent some time with the Ref 1's as well as the Ref 2's. When you say sound, what type of speakers are you used to listening to? This way I can try to formulate an answer based on your previous listening experience.

I can tell you that they are a serious contender for both 2 channel and HT usages!

3. JasonIs

JasonIs Agent

Well I first bought Athena AS-F2 and didnt like those, so I have been shopping around listening to as many speakers as I can. I like MB Quarts the 830 and 1030 Sline, I also like Energy Veritas the v2.3 and v2.4. I didnt care for the paradigm reference line or the polk lsi line. I dont care for the really forward bright sounding speaker. I am mainly looking for speakers for music, with the option of using for HT. I see you have svs, I have a PB2+ on order, 5 weeks tomorrow, hopefully will be shipping soon with some free cables or something.

4. BobAlbano

BobAlbano Second Unit

Jason, I haven't heard the MB Quart or the Energy speakers that you are talking about so I won't be much help with that. Based on your description of the speakers that you tend to like I would be leaning towards pointing you at the Rocket line vs the Reference line. I can tell you about some of the differences between the Rockets and the Ref's.

Have you done any reading on the Rockets? I have no problem telling you the differences between the two speakers but I don't want to be redundant...

5. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

If you like the Energy Veritas line, I just compared the Axiom M60 to the Veritas 2.2. Have a listen to the M60's...very nice.