What's new

Onimusha 2..PS2 (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'll be picking this one up tomorrow. I loved the first Onimusha and am looking forward to some good old fashioned sword slashing/demon slaying fun.
What's the advance word on this one? Anyone play it yet? Anyone else going to get it...anyone?;)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Well, I have been playing Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny for about an hour and my initial impression is that it is very good.
The control is identical to the first game, very similar to the Resident Evil games, although much easier to master.
You play as Jubei a young samurai out for vengeance after the resurrected Nobunaga's minions have destroyed his village.
The graphics, as expected, are excellent with the pre-rendered backgrounds even more impressive than before. Stunning.
The sound is also very well done. I wish I could say the same for the voice acting!:eek: I would much rather have had the original Japanese dialog. That way, I wouldn't know how bad the voice acting is or isn't.:D
If you enjoyed the first Onimusha and wanted more, Onimusha 2: A Samurai's Destiny should fulfill your needs.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Onimusha 2 is out? but but but , I just bought Super mario two days ago!
Exactly why I'm skipping this one right now. With Mario, the network adapter and Socom all being released Onimusha will have to wait a bit:frowning: (Though the game does look damn good!)

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I'm in the same boat. I'll take Onimusha 2 home from work and check it out, but by the time I'm done with Mario I'll be staring at TimeSplitters 2.

Thanks for posting your thoughts Tino. But now you've got me curious about the voice acting... Is it 'master-of-unlocking' bad? That stuff was classic.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
But now you've got me curious about the voice acting...
I dont know why they refuse to add the Japanese tracks to these games. Especially a game like Onimusha which a Japanese track would only add more immersion and atmosphere. I listened to about 10 minutes of the English track on the original game and promptly turned on the Japanese track cause my ears hurt;).
Too bad they didn't leave that option in the sequel.
EDIT: Oh and thank you for the impressions Tino:).

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Tino, thanks for the mini review.
I'm in the same boat as Romier & Jason.
There is sooo much stuff coming out that it just about has to be a triple AAA game to get it 1st day - you don't know how much I've saved by doing this.

Any news on maybe a Xbox version?

Either way, I'll be getting this sometime in the future.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Good to hear it Tino. I didn't get around to getting it today, but maybe this weekend. Hell, that will mean I will have Madden, Thing and O2 going at the same time as school. Yeah, good way to start a semester off. Here come the drop/adds. ;)
(no, studying will stay priority...but just wait till THX break :D )

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'm about four hours in now and still liking Onimusha 2 it very much.
Some new aspects are much more interaction with other characters. There are four major supporting characters that you get to talk to, trade with, and fight along side with during some boss battles. These characters are very colorful and add a lot of variety to the game.
You also get to visit some areas from the first game which is cool.
The new enemies are inventive, smart, and tough. Of course they regenerate as they did in the first game, which helps if you need to recover health or power.
You can also collect gold to buy items from a shop to help you along.
The puzzles are pretty easy so far...so far. That water puzzle in the first Onimusha had me stumped for hours...even with the cheat in front of me! I hope I don't run into any of those again.
Again, so far, so good.:emoji_thumbsup:
P.S..Am I really the only one playing this game?;)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
P.S..Am I really the only one playing this game?
Unfortunately Tino your not going to find many that are.:frowning: With Super Mario Sunshine and Socom/Network Adapter released this week I'm afraid Onimusha 2 will be on the "When I get the time and money" list as mentioned above. I was going to plop down cash on Turok Evolution this week but considering all the horrid reviews its been getting on the forum I'll wait to rent. Instead I think I'll buy Onimusha so I should have it next week sometime.
Thanks again for the continues impressions and keep updating as you get farther along. I'm curious if they made the second game a bit longer than the first...

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Ugh. My wallet is screaming, "noooo! noooo!" I only picked up the Network Adapter & SOCOM so far. Mario Sunshine will no doubt follow soon, especially since it'll be a nice alternative to the violence that is SOCOM (not that I mind it, believe me).

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So...anyone else start playing this yet?;)
It's much more RPG'ish than the first one. Like I said, lots of interaction with other characters. I don't think the first one had this much.
A bit stuck currently...

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
I'm playing, but, I just started, about an hour in. I met up with 2 of my party, and am currently trading with them, and picked up the mine pass. So far, the graphics are simply amazing. This game is gorgeous, and it's so damn fun... I can't wait to play more. But, SOCOM is sucking the life out of my free time!!

TF

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I finished the game on the 2nd day of a 5 day rental, which surprised me. I really liked the game, but the final boss seemed way too easy to defeat. Or am I just playing too many games? I missed a lot of side trips (they show you what you missed) and I could go back and play it over, but I think I'll go out and try Mario Sunshine next.

Oscar_R

Second Unit
I finished the game on the 2nd day of a 5 day rental, which surprised me.
that's what i was afraid off. i beat the first onimusha
in under 7-8 hours my first time through. Played through it aging because of the panda suit thoughg.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
It surprised me because I had a much harder time with THE THING. O2 is still an excellent game and I'm looking forward to O3, from the teaser at the end of O2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks