What's new

OneCall is clearing out the HK AVR 8000 for $1139 (1 Viewer)

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
I thought some here might want to know that OneCall has clearance priced the HK AVR 8000 at $1139 plus $38 shipping.

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
I had the opportunity to hear one last weekend and it had excellent sound and a lot of features. I don't believe it's a P.O.S., others may disagree. Maybe HK is releasing a replacement for it?

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Before you jump in on this deal, you might want to pay careful attention to this thread:
AnAndTech "H/K AVR8000 Deal Turns Sour!" thread
It looks like One Call is dumping receivers that are defective. This deal was flogged aggressively at all of the deal sites (and from the way this deal was pushed, you can be certain these sites get a pretty hefty kickback from One Call for their referrals). It's an ugly story, and it underscores danger of rushing into these "chance of a lifetime" deals, especially when they're being pushed hard by third-party deal sites that get paid when you buy.

David King

Stunt Coordinator
Well they sold the bulk of the units they had late last year. They then listed it as low stock and raised the price back to $2500. But then they received a new shipment on January 9th 2003, changed it to in stock and lowered the price back to $1139.

So the question is, has anybody purchased the newest shipment after January 9th and what model and/or problems does it have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks