What's new

Onecall.com experiences (1 Viewer)

AndrewG

Grip
I am interested in members' experiences with OneCall.com. They have the Toshiba 50H81 for $2250 shipped, advertised on their web page, and I am very tempted. I wondered if people have had good experiences with there delivery of such large items. Also, I notice that they say that any warranty work would go through the manufacturer. What about problems out of the box? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Andy
------------------

george king

Supporting Actor
I have ordered quite a few things (for a fair amount of money) through OneCall, and the experience has always been outstanding. The staff are knowledgable and friendly, and the items were always shipped when they said they were going to be shipped.
However, I have never ordered a large item like a TV through them, so I do not know how that would go, but I have always had good experiences with them.
Hope this helps.

ArnaudP

Stunt Coordinator
I have only bought one item from Onecall.com (panasonic RP91) and the service was outstanding. I would buy from them again without any hesitations. Onecall.com is actually the web store of Huppin's Hifi in Spokane WA which is a well known and respected store in Washington.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I ordered my Sony DVP-C670D DVD changer and Harman/Kardon CDR 30 CD recorder from OneCall and had no problems whatsoever. Prices were great, and both items came double-boxed in only a few days from Washington state to New Jersey. The only thing that bothers me about OneCall though is that their sales tactics on the phone can be a bit cheezy at times. I've gotten the "We only have one left" line a few times, which may have been true, but sounded pushy. In general, I prefer J&R Music World, but OneCall got the 'C670D first last year, and J&R wouldn't match OneCall's price on the CDR 30.
By the way, this sounds like a Retail and Wholesale Vendor Feedback thread. :)
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
My first big online purchase was with OneCall. I bought a Panasonic PT-56WFX95 from them. Outstanding service! They ship ABF freight (so you can't ask for overnight on a RPTV) and they'll tell you to refuse delivery if the box is torn up or write "possible concealed damage" on the freight bill in case you discover anthing wrong with the set once you unpack it. Thomas at OneCall helped me place my order.
Overall it was a great experience.
Regards,
~~Nathan

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have purchased several items from OneCall. As others have stated, their service is very good. All items are well packaged for shipment (can't comment on something as big as a RPTV, though). The one downside to OneCall, though, is their return policy is not very liberal. They will accept returns for defective equipment only, and you are responsible for the shipping cost. If you decide you do not like the equipment purchased, they will not authorize a return.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 5

Earl J

Stunt Coordinator
Ditto on all of the positive comments. Do yourself a favor and ask for Jason.
Earl

Marc Alexander

Stunt Coordinator
I have always had good experiences with Onecall. However, I purchased a Panasonic PT-56WFX95 from them Xmas. Unfortunately it was DOA. Keep in mind that
DSS and Televisions (mail order or retail) are always repaired directly through the manufacturer depending on that manufacturers policies.
This was a very bad because it took over 6 months to get the problem resolved through Panasonic (I won't go through the whole fiasco, I have a Mits 65807 now and am happy). Onecall's service was always great but I got no help on this one because it was a TV. If you buy a TV through them, just keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't break because they won't help you. You will be faced with dealing with the Toshiba 1-800 customer service. I will never buy a TV online again. I need the security of a reputable dealer standing behind what is a big investment for me.
...just my two cents. Good luck!

Mike Breeden

Agent
I have ordered must of my system through Onecall. I have received great services and good pricing. The packages have arrived on time and properly packed. The largest thing that I ordered was my Sony 36XBR400 TV. It was shipped freight and arrived ontime and with no damage.
Mike

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
I agree with Marc. Don't buy a TV on line. I am a fan of One Calls...honest, authorized dealer at fair prices. But too many things can go wrong with such a large item. When I bought my Mits 55805, I looked at the internet route and went local. Did I pay a little more? Yes. But it was well worth it. This was one of the first in that line and it had manufacturing problem (they all did) and I received the kind of service I would have expected and needed for this item....local service people working with Mits on the problem....plus, always had the option to get my money back. If I had ordered from One Call or another mail order service it could have been a nightmare.
Just My 2 cents
Ron

Brian Shannon

Stunt Coordinator
icon14.gif
I have purchase two DVD players from them. Very nice to deal with.
------------------

Tod Gettys

Auditioning
I bought my 50H81 from OneCall and was very pleased with the experience. Just make sure you get the delivery details worked out in advance. For me, curbside delivery pretty much meant curbside, with the older delivery driver no help in getting the thing inside. As long as this works for you, then I say go for it. I spoke to both Larry and Jason at various times.
------------------

Marc S Kessler

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a Pioneer 64" hdtv from them and got a good price. The set did have a manufacture problem and was taken care of by a local Pioneer authorized service tech.
Since the set delivered was almost $5k I bit on their 6 months no intereset deal. My advice is to stay away from One Call's (Huppin's) finance department. They repeatedly tried to acess late charges for payments that were proven as on time. Trying to reach them for this was not toll-free and the people were less than professional.

David A. Frattaroli

Stunt Coordinator
3 years ago, I ordered my Toshiba TW40H80 from them and would order from them again in a second. My, how far we've come. Back then, I paid almost $2,400 for the set including shipping and a 5 year extended warranty.

Henry W

Stunt Coordinator
Buy from a local sales store. I bought from onecall.com and it was a big mistake. At the same time I purchased other people were buying the same item for over $130 less or 25% below my price from onecall.com. I appealed to Jason and basicly was told "tough luck-maybe I can help you on your next purchase." I'll never buy on line again especially from these people. It was one of the worse shopping experiences of my life and I do not like the way these people treated me. The sales pitch to buy at the price I paid was very strong and certainly questionable in its validity. I have never felt worse about a purchase.
Best regards-Henry
------------------

Brian_J

Second Unit
I bought my 50H81 from OneCall and was very pleased with the experience. Just make sure you get the delivery details worked out in advance. For me, curbside delivery pretty much meant curbside, with the older delivery driver no help in getting the thing inside. As long as this works for you, then I say go for it. I spoke to both Larry and Jason at various times.
That's because you failed to throw a 20 spot his way. I had my wife do this and we ended up with white glove service. In fact, he hooked it up and tested it before he left it! And we have a steep driveway.
Brian
BTW, I do not sympathize with Henry too much. The whole key to internet shopping is doing research. You dont cold call Onecall without a low price in hand. Call them with a low price and they will beat it. Oh and I got my set for less than the price they are quoting you by pointing out other online retailer pricing.
------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
I've always had great experiences with Onecall. Just got a sony940 MD delivered a few days ago for $330 including 2 day.
TV

Tod Gettys

Auditioning
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's because you failed to throw a 20 spot his way. I had my wife do this and we ended up with white glove service. In fact, he hooked it up and tested it before he left it! And we have a steep driveway.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian - I could have given the guy $500 and I don't think it would have helped - he wasn't going to be able to help me lift the box.
wink.gif
I was fortunate that some of the construction guys finishing things up on my house were around to help me out.
Again - this is not meant as a knock on OneCall. I paid for curbside delivery. The TV and Onkyo receiver I ordered from them were nicely packaged and delivered at very good prices and they are good guys.
[Edited last by Tod Gettys on September 06, 2001 at 10:55 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks