One thing that I'm disappointed in with my SVS 20-39 PCi...

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Brian Harnish, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

...is that it's still on that darned UPS truck! [​IMG]

Oh, well. One more day and it should finally be here! Tuesday is the estimated delivery date and (by sheer luck/coincidence) I actually have that day off. Whoo-hoo!

Man, I can't wait! [​IMG]

2. Brian Harnish

I take it you guys are pretty much tired of the same old false thread titles, huh? Oh, well...I tried. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Brian Harnish

Oh, and my co-workers (I've proudly been working in Home Electronics Sales at CompUSA for the past month after being promoted there) are getting sick of hearing me go on and on about my new SVS sub that's on the way. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

why do we constantly need these useless svs threads!!

[​IMG]

5. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

doesn't really bother me (certainly not enough to post a mad smilie, anyway!)

[​IMG]

6. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

A "mad smilie" is an oxymoron. The [​IMG] is an "Angry Emoticon".

Yes, even though the umpteen billion "I love SVS" threads did convince me to buy one, they do tend to get old after you already own one. I think I'm going to buy a HSU or an Outlaw sub for my 2-channel system I'm building just to get some variety. Then I can flame people on both messaging boards! [​IMG]

7. Brian Harnish

Keith M. wrote:

Okay, I'm excited about upgrading my system for the first time in ages and I get crapped on about it? You don't like my enjoyment of my Home Theater? Then that's too freaking bad.

Grow up. You don't like SVS? You don't have to read this thread. I'm finally having fun actually being able to upgrade my home theater for once. Plus, I can actually afford a decent upgrade at that. No amount of negative postings (inside my threads or outside) are going to interfere with my fun or enjoyment of Home Theater or the HTF.

You want to crap on my threads? Go ahead -- you won't ruin my enjoyment! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Dennis Gardner

Dennis Gardner Stunt Coordinator

False SVS thread title = attack mode.

Works most every time!

I do get a kick outta guys gettin' kicked!

Enjoy your sub Brian, you will love the huge bump in bass!

9. Jim_Ski

Jim_Ski Agent

Brian,

I right there with ya'! I ordered a 20-31 and it's scheduled for a Tuesday delivery as well.

Out of curiosity... what are you gonna 'test' first?

-jim

10. Brian Harnish

Jim- Well, I have about 250 DVDs at the moment. I'm considering testing the following tomorrow:

The Matrix
    The Matrix Reloaded
    The Matrix Revolutions (especially the scene with Neo and Deus Ex Machina)
    LOTR: FOTR, TTT, and of course ROTK
    Die Hard
    Jurassic Park
    Finding Nemo

I'll let my new Sub run itself in for a few hours before I get to the really heavy stuff. And, of course, I may just spring for the Klipsch speakers I've had my eye on for awhile as well. Tomorrow should be a hell of a lot of fun! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Actually, do you mean the 25-31 or the 20-39? I don't think they have a 20-31 model. And which one? PC? PC+? PCi? Ultra? CS? CS+? CS Ultra?

And, of course, congratulations on your new sub! I bet the wait is killin' ya!

11. Jim_Ski

Jim_Ski Agent

heheheh woops... I meant 25-31PCi. [​IMG]

Just today we took delivery of a set of Axiom speakers (M60's, VP100, and a second set of QS4's for a 7.1 setup)

I'm really itchin' to get home, and really itchin' for tomorrow.

I think I feel a cold coming on... *cough* *cough* [​IMG]

congrats on your sub-to-be as well!

12. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Brian,

That's quite a lineup. Don't let new sub exuberance get the best of you though. The most important piece of audio equipment (I'm sad to say) is NOT actually an SVS... it's the ubiquitous "Rat Shack" SPL meter profiled on our set-up page here:

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/faq.htm#meter

Make sure you have one, and if at all possible a good test disk like Avia, and get things dialed in before you start slamming it with the toughest demos in teh industry. A nice conservative setting for the sub (85dB, same as your other speakers if using Avia) as you get comfortable with it is the best advice you can get as a new owner.

Hope that helps some, and if you and Jim are not feeling well tomorrow, well, make sure you put in some overtime "for the man" next week to make up for it. We're fans of showing American labor can be as productive as any other, not be the cause of absenteeism. ;^)

An SVS can be perhaps the SECOND most important gear you have but taking the time to get the most out of it is money in the bank, as they say.

Ron

13. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Oh sure, try to bottom-out your brand new SVS on day one. [​IMG]

I haven't had it happen yet, but I think it came real close on the Matrix Revolutions.

14. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

My condolences to you. [​IMG]

Best of luck on the arrival of your new SVS. [​IMG]

15. Brian Harnish

Jim wrote:

LOL! I wouldn't make the condolences just yet. I'm making significantly more here than I was in my old position. So it's cool -- plus I'm having a lot more fun, too. It's great! [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's been hell waiting all day today, but it's finally over and tomorrow is almost here. I'll take pictures of every step up until the final initialization of the new sub! [​IMG]

16. Glenn Shoemake

Running Dual SVS Cylinders and are extremely happy with my subs. As the newer movies are becoming more and more aggressive in LFE having 5.2 or 7.2 systems will become more popular to the Home Theaterite.

17. Glenn Shoemake

Brian Harnish,

Might I also suggest testing these DVD titles.

Minority Report DTS
    Master and Commander Far Side of the World DTS
    Daredevil DTS
    Underworld
    The Haunting DTS-ES (DTS version the bass is INSANE)

Also is your Jurassic Park the DTS version and if so is it the "corrected version" as the orginal Jurassic Park DTS was mixed incorrectly by Universal and the LFE was disapointing. The DD5.1 version was not affected by the poor LFE but the corrected DTS version is superior in LFE.

18. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

Brian:

If you use crap thread titles to bring attention to yourself, expect people to crap on your thread...

Sorry to offend the SVS fanboys, but I think I speak for many here on the HTF when I say, these threads are becoming the norm not the exception. Enough already!!!

Do yourself a favor and do a thread search, you will see what im talking about...

[​IMG]

19. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

Brian:

If you use crap thread titles to bring attention to yourself, expect people to crap on your thread...

Sorry to offend the SVS fanboys, but I think I speak for many here on the HTF when I say, these threads are becoming the norm not the exception. Enough already!!!

Do yourself a favor and do a thread search, you will see what im talking about...

[​IMG]

20. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Actually just mention wires/cable and power conditioners and you will get a threadcrap [​IMG]