What's new

One sub with two different front-ends (1 Viewer)

KeithHU

Auditioning
Hi: I have been away for some time enjoying my SVS 20-39 PC-Plus subwoofer which I had help on this forum setting-up with the BFD-Pro which I appreciate, so now I need some more help!. I have just purchased an integrated amp to use for "two-channel" listening which has left and right pre-outs on it from which I hope to be able to plug in the spare side on the BFD. Can I just use a Y-adaptor from the integrated and plug this lone connector , using a 1/4"-RCA adaptor into the spare input on the BFD, or will this "full-range" signal be a problem? I realize that I will have to adjust the gain on the sub to suit my needs for stereo listening, as I have no control for it, being that I am using the left and right pre-outs and then readjust the gain when watching a movie through my A/V receiver. Right now I am using #4 on the BFD with 8 filters when using my A/V receiver and plan to use #5 on the BFD for "stereo-only" listening.
Can I switch between the two front ends,which has separate dvd and c.d. players using the rotary dial on the BFD, or do I have to use an extra sub cable and have two cables going to my SVS 20-39 PC-Plus sub?! Anyone using this cofiguration with the BFD?! Thanks, Huck

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Before you do anything, make sure combining the integrated amp’s pre outputs won’t render its output as mono through the speakers.

Aside from that, you could use the integrated to feed one channel of the BFD. Even if you can’t combine the two outputs, most music has the bas signal inn both channels, so you could get away with only one channel feeding the BFD. The BFD has two outputs, of course. If the SVS has dual inputs, you could try connecting each output of the BFD to it. That might work giving you access to the sub from two front ends.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

KeithHU

Auditioning
Thanks Wayne: So I guess I will have to run another sub cable to my sub, which has two inputs. I guess that I will have to readjust the controls on the sub (gain,phase,x-over) whenever I want to listen to stereo, as I don't have the control capability with my integrated, as I would have with my A/V receiver? Thanks, Huck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks