1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

One speaker not as loud

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by ChadM, Apr 10, 2003.

1. ChadM

ChadM Stunt Coordinator

I just moved into a new house and got around to putting some speakers on brackets on the walls. In order to test the sound I used "test tone" and One of rear speakers is not as loud as the others. Any ideas on what happened?

I should mention that I have a Sony HTinabox so I am not very technical in my knowledge.

Oh nice Omnimount brackets by the way. I would recommend those if anybody is looking for some.

2. Mark Hedges

Mark Hedges Second Unit

I would check to make sure the speaker wires polarity isn't reversed. How much softer is it? If it is under 3 dB or so than it may just be due to the arrangement of the speakers - try playing with the levels to smooth it out.

What model do you have? I have the HT-DDW840 and generally like it.

Mark

3. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

Do you have the ability to set that speaker's volume independently??

Is the wire to that speaker a lot longer, could be loosing some of the signal.

4. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

A longer wire will not necessarily cause a loss of signal.

Chad,

Have you calibrated using a SPL meter and a calibration disk? This will allow you to balance the sound of all your speakers so they are at the same levels at the seating position. This is the single most important thing to do to a Home Theater. Check the Primer for more details.