What's new

One Season, Some Seasons, or All Seasons (1 Viewer)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
For me, this is short and sweet:

Star Trek: Original Series - want all three seasons
Star Trek: TNG - own all 7 seasons
Star Trek: DS9 - own Seasons 1, 2, 3, and 6 (want Seasons 4, 5, and 7)
Star Trek: Voyager - probably not
Star Trek: Enterprise - probably
MASH - own Seasons 1, 2, and 3 (want the rest)
The Real World - Season 1 only (would love to have Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD, if they're done right)
Smallville - own Season 1, will get Season 2

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
For the most part, I am a completist. I want the entire series of most shows I'm collecting. I picked up both Frasier and Cheers s1, but I'm not sure I'm going to collect the whole series. For those, a couple of seasons may be plenty for me. When it comes to things like Buffy, Angel, Alias, Trek, Farscape, SG-1 and the like....I have to have them all.

Still waiting (quite impatiently!!) for Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. :D

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I perfer to have every season once I start to collect them....but I don't worry to much if they stop releasing a show. as for seasons that are out that I don't have yet.... I am behind on many shows... Friends (up to season 4)... MASH (Up to Season 4).... Simpsons (Up to season 2)... X-Files (Up to season 6)... For shows like these I plan on catching up eventually. Some quicker then others but I am sure I will eventually have all that is released.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
If and when HAPPY DAYS makes it to DVD, how many of us plan to collect the series beyond the point where Fonzie actually jumps over the shark? :eek: :eek:

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
The whole series baby! I could never just get part of a show even if I didn't like certain parts. I amw eird that way. It just wouldn't be complete without everything.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I own a bunch of quickly-canceled series on DVD ("The Tick", "Planet of the Apes", "Tenacious D", "Clerks", "The Ben Stiller Show", the latest animated "Spider-Man") so owning their complete runs is a non-issue since it's the only way you can own them at all. When it comes to shows with individual releases, I'm still down for the entire run in the case of every one I own. I personally think complete seasons are made for completists. Take "X-Files" for example. Every season has good episodes and every season has bad episodes. I was fine buying Season 1 even though it had crap like "Space" and "Fire" and I'll be buying Season 9 on May 11th to complete my collection. Buying bad episodes has always been a part of the equation. I'd rather have the bad ones than have the gap in my collection. I suppose, though, if one of the shows I liked really dipped into "horrendous" territory, I'd probably pass. When it comes to movies, I've avoided third and fourth entries in the "Batman" and "Superman" series. If a TV series were to have such a sudden decline in quality I don't know what I'd do, but with "The X-Files", the quality difference in the later seasons is minimal as far as I'm concerned. I'll take the worst episode featuring John Doggett over "3" any day of the week.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I agree with what Bill said about every season having good episodes and bad episodes. Case in point: the last three seasons of Bewitched.

I know a lot of people, myself included, can't stand the Dick Sargent years and most likely wouldn't buy those sets if they were released. But I will. For instance in his first year (sixth season) there is the episode "Serena Stops the Show" when she hires Boyce and Hart to sing at the Cosmos Cotillion. It's the best episode with Serena. There is also an episode when Samantha gives Darrin an amulet that makes Endora nice to him which is extremely funny when she finds out what is going on.

In the seventh season the show went to Salem, Mass and they were some of the best episodes. Also in that season was Elizabeth Montgomery's favorite episode "Sisters at Heart" which dealt with racism and was written by a 10th grade English class.

The eighth season has the King Henry VIII episodes, which everyone seems to remember, and which were quite funny. There is also one of my favorite episodes with Bernie Kopell playing a hippie warlock named Alonzo.

So essentially every show has good episodes even in an overall bad season.

I wouldn't be able to handle not having the complete collection of any show even though right now I only have Simpsons s.1 and M*A*S*H s.1 and s.2. But I know that the other seasons are there for me to purchase when I have enough money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks