What's new

One reason I still love my VCR... -or- "Time After Time" is a damn cool movie! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking about hittin' the hay so I logged into Yahoo! to check my email before signing off. I accidentally hit "Yahoo! TV Coverage" in my favorites file, so I found myself staring at the late-night cable listings.
I scanned down to my favorite pay station - Encore - and what...was...this?
Time After Time???
The 1979 b-movie mini-classic that I remembered so fondly from my movie-filled childhood? Malcolm McDowell and David Warner as H.G. Wells and Jack the Ripper!! I was pumped.
But the movie was starting at 4:00 am! Now I'm no stranger to staying up mega-late...but I wasn't going to START a new movie at 4am. So I'm recording it. :) That'll keep me happy until the DVD shows up. My dear Ma will be thrilled to know I've recorded this one, as she loves any movie that has a Time Machine in it. Yes, she even liked that weak-ass remake. :rolleyes
Oh, and here's some other good news. If you also happen to have the Encore channel, you can see Time After Time for yourself. Friday, Mar 29th 10:05am Eastern Time
Enjoy!

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
I still watch stuff on VHS all the time simply because there are too many movies unavaliable on DVD. The latest included The Magnificant Ambersons, Ed Wood, Kurosawa's Dreams, and Miller's Crossing.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Time After Time, great movie, a beautiful Time Machine, HG Wells, Jack the Ripper, romance, blood, humor, music by Miklos Rozsa, directed by Star Trek II's Nick Meyer, what more can you want?:)
I have a very nice widescreen copy of this Panavision movie, taped off Ch.4 a few years ago, but its not in its full proper ratio, I would love to have a 2.35 widescreen copy on digital versatile disc in the near future, my copy is in full stereo surround too.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Dreams was on recently?? Darn it.

People love their Tivos but I can still make the VCR work for me. I time shift all the time with it, especially on TCM stuff.

Janna S

Second Unit
Aliens have taken Steve Christou hostage and replaced him with someone who has written a completely straightforward post. Moderators - check this out! Can we send someone to his house to see if he is just ill?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hahaha thanks a lot Janna! No the pod people haven't taken me yet, I do occasionally attempt to post something coherent, its really hard work, that post above took me an hour to put down, I kept adding and deleting the words, 'shag', 'kilts', 'bastards!', 'bottom', 'bites', 'ouch', etc, before I finally finished that post, I quickly pressed the submit button before I got the urge to change it all into a thesis on 'lesbian vampires on video tape'.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks