One post ever 30 seconds?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Reader, Nov 16, 2002.

1. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

Is anyone else having problems with this? If you make use of the spell check function, you are unable to post your reply (unless you wait for 30 seconds or more) otherwise you get a message saying that you can only make 1 post every 30 seconds!

Also one time I seem to have got this message, but the reply was posted to the forum.

Just now I made a post and the browser seemed to get stuck on the auto-return page - it looped through a number of times until I closed the browser window.

Is it just me?

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    If the forum is slow you will get a delay but the script is also set up so that you have to wait at least 30 seconds between trying to post another post.

The spell check function for me as not resulted in any delays that I have noticed.

Parker

3. James Reader

I'm just posting now and using the spell check - I will edit with the result.

It appears to be posting the message and then trying to repost hence the 30 second message.

I have recently upgraded my Zone Alarm to Zone Alarm Pro and am making use of the privicy settings to block popup/popunder windows and this is when my problems seemed to start.

I'm turning the window blocking off to see if that fixes it.

4. James Reader

No it's still doing it. I still think ZoneAlarm could be the problem.

5. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    It could very well be the problem for sure. I don't use Zone Alarm so I am not sure what the fix would be though.

Parker