One of the all-time great commentary tracks - Vamp!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PhilipG, Jan 19, 2002.

1. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Vamp (1986). A fun low-budget horror flick starring Grace Jones.
    IMDB link: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0092147
    Anchor Bay recently released this movie on DVD, and I've finally had time to listen to the commentary. Wow! What a delight, after all those insipid "and this is the scene where my character walks down the road toward my car...oh and now I get into my car" commentaries you find on most DVDs.
    The commentary features writer/director Richard Wenk, and stars Chris Makepeace, Dedee Pfeiffer and Gedde Watanabe. It's a hoot! They obviously had a great time filming it. Dedee in particular is hilarious (pity her sister, whatshername, doesn't seem to do commentaries on her films [​IMG] ). I haven't laughed so much in a commentary since Campbell/Raimi or Russell/Carpenter.
    I recommend you buy/rent the DVD - even if you don't like the film - just for the commentary. Anchor Bay went to a lot of trouble with the DVD, and the quality shows. Vamp may not be Citizen Kane, but it holds out well in its chosen niche. You could certainly do a lot worse.
    This is a must-hear DVD commentary. [​IMG]

2. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Wow, what a rave! I'll have to check this one out! I haven't seen Vamp for about 15 years. I suppose it's worth another shot!

3. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

This was a pretty cool 80's vampire flick. A sort of 'Road Trip' meets 'Fright Night' type of film. God....I had forgotten how hot Dedee Pfeiffer was in that film.[​IMG] Before purchasing this DVD, the last time I saw this movie- it WAS the 80's. Thanks Anchor Bay for releasing this one. [​IMG]

4. ChristopherM

ChristopherM Stunt Coordinator

I agree with Philip. The commentary had me laughing out loud.