What's new

One of the all-time great commentary tracks - Vamp! (1 Viewer)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Vamp (1986). A fun low-budget horror flick starring Grace Jones.
IMDB link: Link Removed
Anchor Bay recently released this movie on DVD, and I've finally had time to listen to the commentary. Wow! What a delight, after all those insipid "and this is the scene where my character walks down the road toward my car...oh and now I get into my car" commentaries you find on most DVDs.
The commentary features writer/director Richard Wenk, and stars Chris Makepeace, Dedee Pfeiffer and Gedde Watanabe. It's a hoot! They obviously had a great time filming it. Dedee in particular is hilarious (pity her sister, whatshername, doesn't seem to do commentaries on her films ;) ). I haven't laughed so much in a commentary since Campbell/Raimi or Russell/Carpenter.
I recommend you buy/rent the DVD - even if you don't like the film - just for the commentary. Anchor Bay went to a lot of trouble with the DVD, and the quality shows. Vamp may not be Citizen Kane, but it holds out well in its chosen niche. You could certainly do a lot worse.
This is a must-hear DVD commentary. :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Wow, what a rave! I'll have to check this one out! I haven't seen Vamp for about 15 years. I suppose it's worth another shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks