one more question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by justin_troness, May 5, 2002.

1. justin_troness

Now i'm wondering which is a better choice the home theater direct level 3 sub or the sony sa-wm40. I've owned the level two sub and i didn't like it at all my kenwood sub put it to shame.But i've noticed the level 3 has a larger amplifier than the sony does so maybe it will give a better output than the sony would.thank you!

2. Sebastian

Sebastian Second Unit

My guess is the Sony sub. I have heard on couple of reviews that the level III sub is mediocre. I am testing out the level II 10" sub right now and the bass is not loud enough for me. I have the level all the way up on the sub and my sub output is at 0 dB. I am going to up the sub output and see if that helps out at all. Not much headroom there if i do that.

I hooked up my buddies SW-10 Sub from Klipsch and that sub goes lower and sounds better (more Bass) and the Level II is rated 50 watts higher.

I just bought the Sony (still in the box) and i am going to hook that thing up tomorrow and see what happens.

Try using google search engine and put the keyword "HTD level III" and a one or two reviews should pop up.