1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

one more question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by justin_troness, May 5, 2002.

1. justin_troness

Now i'm wondering which is a better choice the home theater direct level 3 sub or the sony sa-wm40. I've owned the level two sub and i didn't like it at all my kenwood sub put it to shame.But i've noticed the level 3 has a larger amplifier than the sony does so maybe it will give a better output than the sony would.thank you!

2. Sebastian

Sebastian Second Unit

My guess is the Sony sub. I have heard on couple of reviews that the level III sub is mediocre. I am testing out the level II 10" sub right now and the bass is not loud enough for me. I have the level all the way up on the sub and my sub output is at 0 dB. I am going to up the sub output and see if that helps out at all. Not much headroom there if i do that.

I hooked up my buddies SW-10 Sub from Klipsch and that sub goes lower and sounds better (more Bass) and the Level II is rated 50 watts higher.

I just bought the Sony (still in the box) and i am going to hook that thing up tomorrow and see what happens.

Try using google search engine and put the keyword "HTD level III" and a one or two reviews should pop up.