What's new

One More Newbie Question (1 Viewer)

Brett

Auditioning
ok i've been looking and not coming up with anything....
i need a surround sound (5.1, 6.1, 7.1, don't matter)receiver WITH a phono input but for about $300. none of the ones i've come across in the $300 range have this. HELP!!
thank you
brett

Iver

Second Unit
The least expensive I can think of with phono in is the Denon AVR-1804 which, at a list price of $500, is way over your limit.

Phono input is a feature which has slowly but surely disappeared from entry-level receivers over the past few years.

You might find a refurb deal on the Denon. Or you can get a basic phono preamplifier for about $30. The phono preamp goes between the turntable and an analog input on the receiver. So it will let you have a turntable with pretty much any receiver.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I think onkyos have phono inputs. You'll have to look, but i recall bout a year ago their stuff consistently seemed to have phono inputs, when i was hunting for a decent receiver for a relative. Perhaps that helps.

DavidLW

Stunt Coordinator
Check out the Panasonic SA-HE100 listed at Amazon.Com for $238.00 and free shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks