One More Jurassic Park Question........

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Mark Sherman, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman Supporting Actor

Ok I have been thinking about this one for a while now. Sam Neill who played doctor Grant in Jurassic park also played Captain 2nd Rank Vasily Borodin in The Hunt For Red October. In THFRO his plan after he defected was to move to Montana and raise rabbits. At the end while he was looking up at Sean Connery he says "I'll never see Montana." then he dies. Now Fast forward to Jurassic Park when the lawyer is talking to the amber miner about Dr. Grant. He says "Grant, You'll never get him out of Montana"

I was wondering if that was intentional or if it was just a coincedence that Sam Neill Played 2 characters that just happen to have a love for Montana

Any thoughts

2. D. Scott MacDonald

D. Scott MacDonald Supporting Actor

Sam Neill's character was based on the real life Jack Horner (who was also a technical consultant for the movie). Since the real Jack Horner lives in Montana and spends most of his time digging there, I would suspect that this is mere coincidence.

3. Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister Producer

At the end while he was looking up at Sean Connery he says "I'll never see Montana." then he dies.

I think he says, "I would like to have seen Montana." I suppose apologies are in order for those who have not yet seen The Hunt for Red October. [​IMG]

Now Fast forward to Jurassic Park when the lawyer is talking to the amber miner about Dr. Grant. He says "Grant, You'll never get him out of Montana".

The foreman says: "Grant? You'll never get him....Because Grant's like me. He's a digger."

The we cut to the Montana badlands.

I agree with Scott, mere coincidence.

4. Mark Sherman

Agreed but still pretty cool if you think about it.

5. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Unless maybe Jack Horner once piloted a secret Russian nuclear submarine across the atlantic before he became a world famous archeologist? They made sure the char died in Red October to help conceal his real identity until Mark rooted him out. Yeah Mark!

6. WillG

WillG Producer

Actually, funny someone started a JP thread, because I have a question as well after I watched this again the other day.

What was Hammond referring to when he said to Nedry "I don't blame people for their mistakes, but I do ask that they pay for them?" I read the book a few times as well and I can't remember off the top of my head if that was from the book. Anyone know?

7. Mark Sherman

Home land security at its best.... U-S-A, U-S-A.

I saw the commercial with Dakota Fanning Saying "Come out, Come out where ever you are" in the upcoming hide and seek with Robert Deniro. He said that same Line in Cape fear.

8. D. Scott MacDonald

D. Scott MacDonald Supporting Actor

I thought this was referring to Nedry's financial issues, first with grossly underbidding the job, and then some financial mismanagement (I think this was referred to in the book, but it's been a while since I read it).

9. Eric Eash

Eric Eash Second Unit

my favorite books, JP 1 & 2. not sure about that nedry thing, although the books are not very close to the movies.

10. Don Solosan

Don Solosan Supporting Actor

I've got JP on right now. The full line is, in fact, "Grant? You'll never get him out of Montana."