One Hour Photo - Picture Shaking?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by WillG, Feb 21, 2003.

1. WillG

WillG Producer

I was watching the DVD of "One Hour Photo" Widescreen version, of course and I noticed something weird. In the scene where Robin Williams is in the break room and his boss in speaking to him there is a Long shot of the both of them. The dialouge spoken here by the boss is "Don't you have some vacation time saved up?" during that, on my set the picture was shaking, like there was a slight earthquake while this was being filmed. Did anyone else detect this.

Also, did anyone detect an altered line. I swear a remember when I saw this movie in the theater, the scene where Robin Williams is arguing with the AGFA guy over the color mis-calibration, him saying "That's real Fucking Professional of you" but on the DVD he says "That's a great attitude"

But maybe I'm just remembering it wrong, or I'm thinking of the wrong scene, but just wondering if anyone else might have picked up on it as well

2. Joseph_mx

Joseph_mx Stunt Coordinator

Yep, I detected the shaking in that scene and other one is when Sy is talking with Jacob Yorkin about a cable for a Mac. [​IMG]

3. WillG

WillG Producer

There is even another scene where this happens when Maya is dropping off her Photos

4. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Supporting Actor

I picked it up but haven't watched it yet so I'll have to look for this, and I do remember him saying thats real F**cking professional of you as well.

5. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

I noticed the shaking as well. I thought I was hallucinating since I was on Robotussin as I watched and the person watching didnt see it too, but now I know I was right.

Is this a mistake in the DVD? or is it player specific. I have JVC 75GD

6. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

Its not player specific, to me it looks like its in the actual film print they used. Doesnt look like anything with the DVD.

7. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Yep, I just watched it tonight, this shake is presant throughout the film actually, in numerous scenes. Too bad, the cinematography in the film is gorgeous, that shake is very intrusive at times.

8. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

I noticed this at times during Signs as well. It seems to only happen on this disc when the background is pure white but unfortunately that's most of the time.

9. Frank Doorhof

Frank Doorhof Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

On one hour photo I also noticed that on a few scenes, not on any other DVD's by the way.

Greetings,
    Frank

10. WillG

WillG Producer

Can anyone confirm it the line I mentioned above really was changed, and if so, why?

11. Daniel L

Daniel L Stunt Coordinator

Member and post removed

12. Dan M

Dan M Second Unit

yep, it has the shakes

13. Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen Screenwriter

I noticed this same shaky thing while watching some traveling camera landscape shots in Ken Burns' CIVIL WAR DVD set.

It made me angry that I had spent so much money on them and got this crappy, distracting technical glitch.

What can be done about shaky imaging?

MC

14. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

This type of shaking is visible in many movies and is especially noticable during title shots. The bigger your screen size the more you'll notice it. Steady cam rigs are not always steady.

Peace,

DM