What's new

One Dollar Surcharge for Theater Security?! (1 Viewer)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
At the regal cinemas near me, they offer student pricing. I'm not a student, but I work at a University. I present my university ID, and despite it saying "Staff" on it, I get in at the student price of $6.50! My girlfriend is a graduate student though, so her student fare is legit. Yay to underpaid teenagers working the ticket counter!
Of course, I also worked at a company that used 9/11 as an excuse to lay off 1500 people. I was glad to leave.
------------------
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

Danny Knapp

Stunt Coordinator
A dollar raise for security at a movie theater is extremely costly for the consumers...
Aren't they making enough money yet? Is it ever enough?
------------------
I dislike Tom Green!

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
It's just a rip-off. I use to manage movie theatres. Most of the first-run theatres pay the film distributors about 90% of the ticket price for the film. They are allowed to deduct a negotiated amount called a "a house nut" which covers the theatres' operating costs. You can bet that security is included in the amount. This is just an excuse for the theatre chains to raise their prices and being able to blame somebody else. On the other hand, most of the big theatre chains are in deep financial trouble. Many including Loews have filed bankruptcy. If they must raise their prices I just think they should be honest about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks