What's new

One Call Special on the Pioneer DV563A DVD Audio/SACD player! (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Through out Deals Page there is a great deal with One Call on the Pioneer DV563A DVD Audio/SACD player.

Exclusive Special: Pioneer DV563A progressive scan DVD player with DVD-Audio and SACD @ $152.86
Starts: 2003-07-25
Expires:2003-07-31

Use This Link.

Jon_W

Stunt Coordinator
What is OneCall like in terms of shipping to Canada if they do at all. I know this player can be had for around 300 canadian which is 215 dollars US so this might seem like a good deal. Can anyone help me out as I have never ordered from a US etailor. thanks

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
$152.86 is a great deal on this terrific player. I've had it for almost two weeks now & I like it more the more I use it.

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Now that's a deal for anyone wanting a universal player.
It is indeed a great deal, although I'm wondering (as well as hoping) if this is simply the first of many of these types of players at this price point.

This may be what high resoultion audio finally needs to start becoming mainstream instead of just a niche. (I guess I shouldn't say this too loudly...Lee might hear me.) ;)

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I ordered one!

On a side note, this was MUCH easier than trekking to CC and being hounded by overeager salespeople. I was in there a few days ago asking about this unit and the guy gave his full speil on SACD, which was funny considering he didn't know jack...

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Tim, I'm not surprised by your Circuit City experience. Does Circuit City have the '563A?

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I ordered one yesterday! Great deal, and I saved even more (not much, but still...) by joining their free Pass program.

Not in stock yet, however. The deal posting said possibly today, but knowing OneCall I'm not holding my breath.

Dan

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone's One Call order been shipped or are they still out of stock as feared?

At that price I can afford to wait a while, but not too much longer! ;)

Dan

greg_t

Screenwriter
I'm think I'm going to wait for the next wave of Pioneers low cost universal players hoping they'll have I-link.

FrankC

Agent
Mine shipped today as well! I should get it mid-next week. I also got a Panasonic DVD changer from Circuit City becuase I'm not 100% sure I'm going to listen to a lot of SACDs (who knows, I might get addicted!).

What kind of cables are folks planning to use to hook this Pioneer up to their receiver or processor? I feel a little strange spending $75-150 on cables for a $150 player. Maybe I should just suck it up? :)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
FrankC,

I'm in the same quandry on cords. However, I think I'll hold off and shop around for now. I found a box with (amazingly enough) an extra four Monster Cable 400 MKII and two Monster Cable Reference 2 analog audio cables. I'll use the Ref 2's for the front left and right (much thicker and robust and most of the primary sound from SACDs--even multichannel ones-- seem to come from there anyway) and the rest for the other channels.

A temporary fix I know, but at least now I have ~$100 bucks for SACD's!! Wow, if that's my game plan I didn't save anything anyway!! :D

Anyone have luck with Outlaw Audio's PCA audio cords? How do they stack up with the big boys?

Dan

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Dan, I have pair that came with the 950[early bird deal],and I use it between the 950 and the front main amps.It's good quality cable IMO.I don't really subsribe to cable sound properties so take this as is.:)

Users who are viewing this thread