What's new

Once Upon A Time In The West - R2 (1 Viewer)

Werner_R

Stunt Coordinator
nee hoor, het is de mijne niet , het is de site van iemand zijn online dvd shop. Een echte tie-in :D

Toch raar dat er zo weinig reactie op is, zijn er dan niet zoveel fans meer van OUATITW die staan te springen voor de dvd ?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
De amerikanen kopen toch voornamelijk R1.

If a R1 release is to be expected, it's generally preferred in the US, because of (1) less problems with non-region-free players, (2) less PAL -> NTSC conversion problems, and (3) proper audio speed.

Also, a OUATITW DVD, would probably get a better treatment in the US (extras, interviews). Of course, if we don't hear soon that it will be released....

Cees

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Forgive me if you guys have already seen this from thedigitalbits.com:

Director Alex Cox confirms that he has contributed to an audio commentary for a Region 1 release of Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West (1968). Other commentary participants are reportedly Christopher Frayling, Claudia Cardinale, Gabriele Ferzetti, Bernardo Bertolucci and Dario Argento. The forthcoming DVD release (from Paramount) will include an almost three-hour cut of the film, but no release date has yet been announced.

And a link to original Alex Cox article
here.

There's no reason to suspect that this will be solely for the R1 and I hope that both R1 & R2 editions will be the same.

---
So many films, so little time...

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Werner

In response to your query about Once Upon a Time in the West, there are so many dvds coming out at the moment, with each having their own favorite.

I am really excited about this one as well, and I prefer to buy r1 as they come earlier and have usually far more extras or better prices

Cheers

:emoji_thumbsup:

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
http://www.playserver5.com/play247.a...2&title=123704

Not bad: £14.99 :emoji_thumbsup:

159 minutes with 4% PAL speed-up is 165 minutes, so this might not be the uncut director's cut. But Play might just have used standard info on the film - PAL VHS running times, etc.

The uncut Leone version is 185 minutes.

A must-buy, for me - great Western. It has the potential for being one of the best DVDs of the year.

Gordy

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Aye, cheers, John! :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Play have changed their site a bit recently, as you probably know, and the product ID doesn't apppear on the region 2 titles now, but I got it by right-clicking and getting the properties. Am a whiz-kid or what?! :laugh:

I actually spotted this one searching in Link Removed - there it was. Damn good search site.

Can't wait for thus one! :D

Gordy

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
great news indeed about r2 availability.

any news about special features as r1 is supposed to have a commentary ?

:emoji_thumbsup:

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
here is the official announcement

http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?se...articleId=5824

This two disk set is due October 6th priced at £19.99. Here's what the guys say about it :

The release features a stunningly restored anamorphic 2.35:1 transfer, Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, a commentary with contributions from directors John Carpenter, John Millius and Alex Cox, film historians Sir Christopher Frayling and Dr. Sheldon Hall and various surviving members of the cast and crew. These same people also turn up in the three documentaries featured on disc two, where you'll also find two photo galleries (one a 'now and then' location gallery, the other containing production and behind-the-scenes stills plus imagery from a deleted scene), cast profiles and the original trailer.

there are also some gorgeous menushots

good candidate for dvd of the year

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks