What's new

Once Upon A Time In The West music question (1 Viewer)

39steps

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Alrighty....I just now got around to watching the Blu-ray for Once Upon A Time In The West and was happy to see my all time favorite DVD Easter egg was carried over to the Blu-ray. For anyone not knowing what I'm talking about, what I'm referring to is the hidden trailer with a more modern sensibility and style. Throughout the trailer is this music that I really like which is unknown to me yet seems incredibly familiar. My question....what is this piece of music?? It's driving me crazy.....in a good way of course. Anyone out there know? If by chance you have the disc but haven't yet seen this clip it is accessed in the extras menu with the commentary highlighted click left and a horseshoe appears, then click enter. I have played this piece dozens of times not just for the music but also the editing and graphics which really give the film a fast pace and a almost Tarantinoesque feel. Again, anybody out there know where the music comes from?

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
I just started my 12-hour night shift at IBM ,but tomorrow morning,i"ll watch it. I should be able to identify it,unless someone gets to it before i do. Maybe,it's posted on Youtube ?

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
Well,Eastwood or Bronson wouldn't be caught entering the frame to THAT type of music. Don't know what it is. I'm thinking something along the lines of Ry Cooder or one of those generic "cool" rock soundtracks you buy for your own film productions. Yuck,it so doesn't fit the epic images. (Ben goes to get mouthwash ) In the immortal words of the famous resident of 221B Baker street. The game is afoot.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
I mean if you're gonna go throught thetrouble of creating an easter egg,have something worthy of it. Cardinale in a bikini walking the beaches at Cannes,or footage of Bronson sitting in George Lucas's chair at Hamburger Hamlet ,playing Harmonica's theme and scaring everyone. but not this.Sheeeesh. Some trailers have generic music which you can never find,so i try at Soundtrack.net sometimes which is the best place i know of. http://www.soundtrack.net/

39steps

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Ok Ben, I get it, you don't like it. And yet the world still spins. I think it's an interesting mash-up of styles. A modern, kinetic trailer for one of the more, shall we say leisurely films ever. Leone by way of Tarantino. It doesn't take anything away from the film itself and in fact has never been used to sell the film as far as I know. But I still like it. And I like the music used and was wondering if anyone else recognized it and could point me in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation154
Recent bookmarks