What's new

Once Upon A Time In The West in WIDESCREEN On TCM Tonight! (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that this will be on at 3:00 A.M. est late tonight (or early tomorrow) in glorious widescreen.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Yep!
So are A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly! All in Letterbox.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They showed it on PBS the other month, lovely :) PAX showed it at exactly the same time incidentally, made for some great WS/P&S comparisons :) (especially on Cinerama, man those seams were NASTY in P&S!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
even though i think it is a little to slow moving i love watching it due to how great all the scenory looks.

especially in the beginning with that huge boardwalk at the train station.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,

I think you mean HOW THE WEST WAS WON. It was filmed in Cinerama.

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST was a Spaghetti Western.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
even though i think it is a little to slow moving i love watching it due to how great all the scenory looks.
My favorite western. I thought the pacing was perfect. Kind of like sipping a brandy vs a 7-11 44 oz. big gulp.
Scenery, yah, you mean like Claudia Cardinale? Lots of undulations, peaks. She was a National Geographic special in her own right.
I would like to see this movie redubed sometime. My only complaint is that it has that lame Spaghetti Western sound. Not the music, but the voices. Some may find it nostalgic - to me it was annoying.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I would like to see this movie redubed sometime. My only complaint is that it has that lame Spaghetti Western sound. Not the music, but the voices. Some may find it nostalgic - to me it was annoying.
ashley i agree with you sort-of

i think the foley sound effects are terrible not just this movie but also the other dubbed sergio westerns.

the sound effects are just way too fake for what i am used to hearing in movies now.

and i would like to hear what it would sound like with updated sound effects. but the origional must also be included of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks