What's new

Once Upon A Time In Mexico (quick review of the region 3 edition) (1 Viewer)

Tin-Lun Lau

Stunt Coordinator
i just finished watching the R3 edition on DVD. other than the audio tracks and subtitles being slightly different than what will be on the north american version, you basically have the same disc. (the region 3 hong kong edition has english 5.1, thai 5.1, and a commentary track as well as english/chinese/thai subtitles.

the extra features were pretty good and informative. includes a 10 minute short where Robert Rodriguez teaches you how to make puerco pibil, a film school featurette (on special effects and camera shots), a tour of Troublemaker Studios (which is basically just his garage outside his home), trailers, 8 deleted scenes and etc.

picture quality is okay but i want to know if it's been matted because i remember seeing some clips of it during the cooking feature and it was shown in 2:35.1. while the movie is shown in 1:85.1 or was it 1:78.1 (not sure).

another problem is, there's no separate subtitle track for the spanish dialogue so i had to watch the whole movie with english subtitles on even when english is being spoken

otherwise, great disc.

p.s. i suspect there is an easter egg as the cooking feature hints "coming soon; f**king lesson".

Blu

Screenwriter
I'm very much looking forward to this set!
RR is a amazing director and I'm looking forward to his behind the scenes stuff on this film!

Tin-Lun Lau

Stunt Coordinator
and i'm still not finished watching the 'behind the scenes' material.

there's at least, an hour full of bonus features. i guess this would be the reason the DTS track is absent in this release.

btw, i think i have a clue where the easter egg is at. my dvd flashed a bit and i noticed a cursor on the right side of Johnny Depp's glasses. i havent' 100% found it yet but i think that's where it is.

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
The reason DTS is absent from this disc must (propably) be the fact that this is a Columbia release. Ie, there´ll be a Superbit coming along the line. Just like with other columbia movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks