What's new

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Sony has moved up the release date to July 26, 2019:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/...od-release-date-quentin-tarantino-1202877521/

This makes the July 2019 schedule:

July 3 - Untitled Conjuring Universe Film (WB)
July 5 - Spider-Man: Far From Home (Sony/Marvel)
July 12 - Top Gun 2 (Paramount)
July 19 - The Lion King remake (Disney)
July 26 - Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Sony)

Good luck. That's insanely crowded with major titles. I know they don't all target the same demographic, but still. It makes you wonder how many blockbuster can be supported at once. I have a feeling like one or more of those may not take, just due to the intensity of the competition in such a short window of time.

Last edited:

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/...od-release-date-quentin-tarantino-1202877521/

Good luck. That's insanely crowded with major titles. I know they don't all target the same demographic, but still. It makes you wonder how many blockbuster can be supported at once. I have a feeling like one or more of those may not take, just due to the intensity of the competition in such a short window of time.

I'm not worried. I'm in Tarantino's demographic and his film is the only one I plan to see of that bunch (and possibly of the whole summer!).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I don't really think any of those movies are in direct competition with Once Upon A Time though. Everyone will have seen Spider-Man by its third week and while there's some crossover, The Lion King is a fairly different audience. I think out of that group, the one that needs to worry is Top Gun 2. With or without competition, I don't see that movie doing good.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
margot-robbie-ouatih.jpg

First Look: Sharon Tate

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Because they're just not done yet, today it's been confirmed that Rumer Willis, Dreama Walker, Margaret Qualley, Costa Ronin, Damon Herriman, Victoria Pedretti and Madisen Beaty have joined the film.

Herriman is playing Charles Manson. Since he was Dewey Crowe, I feel like QT just has to give him a scene with Timothy Olyphant so they can have a Justified reunion.

https://www.thewrap.com/charles-man...antino-once-upon-time-hollywood-rumer-willis/

I'm pretty sure this has been in production for a while, so I'm not sure why/how we're still getting casting announcements. You'd think the cast would have been all set before they started production.

Also, this happened:

https://www.thewrap.com/leonardo-di...ed-sony-photos-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood/

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Deadline points out that Burt Reynolds was due to start shooting his role as George Spahn "in a couple of weeks."

https://deadline.com/2018/09/burt-r...hollywood-defining-moments-offers-1202458978/

Although his death is a terrible loss and an awful circumstance to get a role out of, someone else will now need to step into the role. If they want to keep the shooting schedule as-is, his replacement will need to be found soon.

Maybe Bruce Dern, who already has a working relationship with QT from The Hateful Eight?

That being said, I bet Reynolds gets a dedication card on the movie now.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Maybe if they just need a good mustache to replace Burt they could use Tom Selleck or another actor from Deliverance Jon Voight.

Slightly off topic, but when Smokey and the Bandit was playing in theaters a few weeks ago in tribute to Reynolds, I decided to go see it on the big screen. Jon Voight had the seat behind me!

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
When I got up this morning and went to downstairs to make coffee Jon Voight was eating toast in my kitchen, he said "Oh, sorry." and walked out.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Slightly off topic, but when Smokey and the Bandit was playing in theaters a few weeks ago in tribute to Reynolds, I decided to go see it on the big screen. Jon Voight had the seat behind me!

Is it true that Jon drives a teal colored VoightsWagon?:D

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Couldn’t say, he appeared to have been traveling on foot.

My guess is that he was filming something at the nearby Astoria studios. He bought two rows of seats and brought a crowd of what appeared to be younger people - just a guess, but I think he was taking a younger production crew who had never seen the film to the theater to check it out. Some people recognized him and he was happy to take photos but I wasn’t gonna bother him. I figure everyone deserves a day off :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks