What's new

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) (1 Viewer)

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Tarantino can get anyone he wants to be in this movie. There are going to be several Oscar-winning/nominated actors as mere extras in this film. They even scored Daniel Craig in a Stormtrooper-costume.

At this point, it doesn't even feel like hyperbole justifies how stacked this cast is. Good God. Now throw in some Walton Goggins, or if it please the gods, find some room (however small) for my man Tom Cruise, and I will die happily on the spot. How about Jack Nicholson and Gene Hackman out of retirement, and a Brando-hologram just so more minds get blown?

If that happens, Quentin should just change the title of this thing to "PERFECTION: NO MORE MOVIES NEEDED."

I had equally high hopes for HATEFUL 8, but they were dashed by the movie's second half. Same with Tarantino's half of GRINDHOUSE. I'm as much of a Tarantino fan as anyone on this board, so I look forward to ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD, but I've learned to temper my expectations.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Surprised True Romance hasn't been mentioned here. I know Tony Scott ultimately directed it but we all know who wrote it. I'm excited for anything new from QT!

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The release date in August 2019 is interesting, because the more terrific this cast becomes, the more it seems like a year-end awards season run would be in order.
An August release date didn't keep BASTERDS from eight Oscar nominations and a win. But in boxoffice terms August has been losing steam for years; maybe this will overcome that.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Cool!

I actually just visited the Cinrama Dome in March when I was vacationing in California and saw Isle of Dogs on it. It was awesome. It will be fun to see the theater in Quentin's movie next year.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Surprised True Romance hasn't been mentioned here. I know Tony Scott ultimately directed it but we all know who wrote it. I'm excited for anything new from QT!
Agree, I'd put it somewhere between Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, and what came after those, I haven't really cared for, although I tried. Kill Bill was overlong, as was Django, but this one, it looks promising, with that cast list.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
MV5BMTc3ODIwNzA2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTUzMjA4NTM@._V1_SY1000_SX1000_AL_.jpg

The characters of the film-- Cliff, and Rick.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
She was in one of my favorite all-time St. Elsewhere episodes ("The Women") with Blythe Danner and Eva Le Gallienne:

the-women-episode-19-pictured-blythe-danner-as-paige-gerradeaux-eva-picture-id138362078

And she's STILL looking mighty good at 78 years of age!

latest

Reactions: PMF

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Blythe on stage (twice), pure bliss; Eva Le Galliene (once) with the sublime Rosemary Harris, heaven; Vaccaro, only in movies, but what an unforgettable presence!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks