What's new

Once Upon A Time In America finally coming??? (1 Viewer)

Jo_C

Second Unit
I just saw the Rumour Mill at the Digitalbits web site, and they list "Once Upon A Time In America" DVD coming from Warner.
But the rights are still complicated, since Artisan Entertainment owns the international rights (having inherited the PSO [Producers Sales Organization] and Vestron libraries). Wouldn't Warner have to go through Artisan to create a new special edition of the film?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Anyway you look at it, a dvd edition of Once Upon a Time in America is going to be a long time in coming. Let's just hope they do it right!
------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
At the Warner chat, they said OUATIA would be out in 2003. It sucks to wait a year, but it's cool to have an official word on it. I know it could change, but that's the official word as of the chat.
------------------
"Who made it?! The Shark!?!"
Please sign this Hammer Films petition, thanks!
http://www.petitiononline.com/Hammer/petition.html

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
The short, condensed version of a long story involving OUATIA producer Arnon Milchan has him attempting to bring Leone's longest, never-before-seen cut of the film (some 30 or 40 minutes longer again than the European cut) to disc. The comments the Warner reps made about their mooted 2003 release makes me optimistic that this will happen.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
The Brazilian release is actually not P&S, it's full frame. It's also 5.1.
Jeff

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I missed this on TheDigital Bits. I know they referenced Once Upon a Time in the West, I didnt see anything about OUATIA. Glad to see it is at least a distant possibility.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
It's "Once Upon A Time in the West". There is no mention of America...unfortunately.
Name of the Rose would be great to have on dvd. Especially the scene with the peasant girl.
drool.gif

------------------
"...better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it". - Slater, True Romance

Jim Rykel

Agent
Not true! Both are discussed - Once Upon a Time In the West in 2002, and Once Upon A Time in America in 2003.
From the Warner chat;
Gannett] What's going with some of your gangster flicks? When will there be rereleases of Goodfellas and Mean Streets? And also a release of Once Upon A Time in America.
[Warner] Yes to all three and we want Martin Scorsese to participate in the first two, so we will do our best by them. The producer of ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA is also working with us to ensure that's done right as well. So look for Scorseses in 2002, OUATIA in 2003.
I am optimistic it will be the extended cut of BOTH movies (although there's much debate about one existing for OUATITW), with loads of extras and goodies.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks