What's new

Once and Again, Sports Night - package shots (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Hmmm, looks like three double-alphas. Nice.
Hate that yellow thing they've got going on "Sports Night", though. ;)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm... "SportsNight" says "The complete series plus pilot episodes". I wasn't aware "SportsNight" had an unaired pilot.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
It probably doesn't. I'm betting they're just referring to the first episode. Call my cynical, but I think it's just some marketing gimmick. It says it on Once and Again as well.
Oh, and I like the yellow on Sports Night. :D

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I've never seen Sports Night (it was never brought into Singapore by the broadcasters). I don't have much idea what it's about, though it seems (I assume) to deal with sports broadcast journalists?
should I buy it sight unseen? I am a huge fan of West Wing, and rather like Sorkin's other work in movies. is that good enough to take the risk?
FWIW, I am a sports fan, mainly football (the real kind played with a round ball and feet only :D ) but have a passing interest in most other sports.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
should I buy it sight unseen? I am a huge fan of West Wing, and rather like Sorkin's other work in movies. is that good enough to take the risk?
I agree with James. I (like many) didn't discover this gem until it was syndicated on Comedy Central...and I was hooked from the get-go. If you like Sorkin's style, then it is definitely for you.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
It looks more like three double Amarays to me.
Alphas, Amarays, I can't keep 'em straight. Anyway, whatever you call those cases that are the width of a single keepcase with the extra tray inside for a second disc. Like the one used for Fellowship of the Rings. Yeah, that's what I said... ;)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Yee-Ming,

Sports Night is more a comedy than The West Wing. Though this doesn't mean the show is short of dramatic moments. What I liked about it so much was the mix of drama and comedy.

The dialogue is very stylized as you might expect from Aaron Sorkin, and the characters can be a little quirky.

There's a good deal of sports talk in the show, but it is by no means loaded with it. Some of the plots involve sports players or sporting events in a limited capacity, but it's more about the production of a live TV program than the sports. I hate sports of all kinds, but I loved this show.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Anyone looking for a good pre-order price for Sports Night, check out DVDSoon.com. This can be had for $37.48 plus shipping (U.S. funds). The charge your credit card when the order is placed, but this is a lot cheaper than anywhere else I have seen. DVD Empire wants $63.99, not including shipping, for the same title.
http://www.dvdsoon.com/showtitledetails.xml?uid=39037

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Yee-Ming,

I don't know if you get Comedy Central but if you do they air Sports Night weekday except Friday. It's on here in North Carolina east coast USA at 3:30am and 10:30am Eastern Standard Time.

It's a good show. I watched it during it's 2 year network run and hatted it ended. It's fast paced.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Scott, that is an insane deal! I currently have mine preordered from DDD for 56...but I may just have to cancel. Over 50% off!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Neither can I...between that, FOTR:EE, and AOTC...I'm going insane with anticipation.

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
you gotta love the fact that Bestbuy.com has it's price set to $99.99 and they even say that the list price is $79.99 on the page.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks