What's new

Once and Again Seasons 2 and 3 (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Season One of Once and Again has been out about one and a half years now. Any chance of use ever getting the other two seasons?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Which is why I will not be buying ANY more of Buenna Vista's TV releases until they are released in their entirety. I'll let someone else take the gamble on an incomplete series.

Brooke

Stunt Coordinator
My all-time favourite show. They stuffed us around when it was on air and now they're stuffing us around with the DVD release. Sadly, I'd say we can safely assume that we've seen all we are going to see of this gem of a show.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
It's why I worry about the future release of POPULAR. I'm sure they're expecting FELICITY numbers, but it just wasn't that big.

I'll still buy the first season though, as the show was amazingly entertaining, even if I can't have the whole series.

I don't understand that logic about not getting them unless you're sure they'll all be released. If FOX hadn't continued on with future seasons of Buffy, I still would have purchased the first season set, same with the other shows in my possession.

It's like when people say they won't watch a struggling series because they're sure it'll be cancelled. I'd rather have watched those 4 episodes of Wonderfalls than not seen them at all.

Brooke

Stunt Coordinator
I agree. I'll take what I can get of these fantastic shows. Besides, I can guarantee that the show I fall for will have a short run so if I went by that theory I'd never see anything. I like shows that make you think and break through the comfort zone a bit and they just aren't usually popular escapism for the masses.

I can see the logic of not buying one season unless they're all released if you're buying a show blind. It's one thing if you've seen the series but it's frustrating to buy the DVD, get hooked on the series and know there's more out there but not be able to see it. It's a closure issue. I'd buy anyway but I can see why people don't.

I've heard great things about "Wonderfalls" but will probably never see it here in Australia. Again, I'll be relying on the DVD release - something is better than nothing.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Better not limit yourself to BV, then. Fox (MTMS, Malcolm, NYPD Blue, etc.), Columbia (Larry Sanders, Forever Knight, Mad About You, etc.), Artisan (Twin Peaks), Paramount (Soul Food), Universal (Baretta), even Warner (who has held off releasing Roots:TNG due to lower-than-hoped-for sales of Roots).

You'll never buy another TV-on-DVD release if you use that philosophy. Of course, any of the above named series could be picked back up again. But right now, things look bad for each of them, don't they? Once & Again is - at this time - simply BV's single entry in that crowd.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Not true. I can buy series that have been released, either in their entirety, or at least the seasons I'm interested in.

David Levy

Stunt Coordinator
What if more people thought like that? What if 1000 people all said 'we'll wait and see'?

You'd have really poor sales of a season, and then you'd have no chance of seeing it again.

Buy the show. Let them know you care.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'll buy shows that I really want as they are released, but there are many I've bought on impulse, and those are the ones that are now relegated to wait and see. I don't need, nor can I afford, to be the marketing guinea pig. I've already done more than my fair share for this format by supporting it from the get go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks