1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

"Once and "Again": Officially history

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael*K, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

ABC Cancels Once and Again
    Well, once again I get hooked on a drama toward the end of its lifespan. Same thing happened with "Homicide." [​IMG]

2. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

Boooooooooooooo! ABC sucks!!!!!!!!

Would a cable network (like Lifetime, which had re-air rights) be able to pay for the show to continue production? Would they also be able to place the show in a consistent time slot? - something ABC refused to ever do.

Somehow I already know that this won't happen. Adios to a very good show.

Booooooooo!

Brad

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

What really stinks is that O&A is one season away from syndication.

This show will go down as one of the best TV shows that "no one" watched. I've enjoyed it for its entire run.

A big Boo! to ABC for not knowing what to do with quality TV programming.

4. Rob P S

Rob P S Screenwriter

rob
    What a shame. Another wonderfully written and acted show goes down the tubes due to network incompetence. Now ABC has room for more Drew Carey and Whose Line Is It Anyway reruns. Thanks a lot. Don't get too attached to Alias.

5. Ashley Seymour

Ashley Seymour Supporting Actor

My wife just told me. I have to go console her. This will be sad.

6. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

OK. Ya'll can blame me for this. I rarely watch drama's but everytime I do and really like them they get cancelled. This bites.

7. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

Sorry foiks, but this show became CONTRIVED. That's not why it got cancelled though. You start messing with a shows Airtime, and you're in for trouble. You can move a show with a rabid fanbase like Ed around, you can't do that with a Drama like O&A, which is WAY too soap opera like. Come on, car crashes? Lesbian kisses?

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Eh? Ed's been entrenched in the Wednesday 8 p.m. time slot for the whole year, and last year "Ed" wasn't moved around that much (if at all IIRC).

9. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Supporting Actor

My wife & I watched this week's terrific episode on Lifetime last night & we didn't know which was sadder, the plot, or the fact that there will only be TWO more episodes of our favorite drama (Freinds is our favorite comedy-just one more year of that). ABC has treated this show like dirt from day 1. It's latest move, putting it in MNF's slot against Family Law, a show with a similar target audience, was HARDLY giving it a legitimate shot at ratings. Replacing it with THE CHAIR was also a move of morons. Now all ABC has left is NYPD Blue & The Practice as far as quality drama goes.

10. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer