What's new

Once & Again S3 news (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
TVShowsonDVD has posted news about the license for O&A expiring, and how the hunt is on for someone to license the show. I'm thinking Shout Factory would be an obvious home. I would like to see this series finally get completed on DVD. Anyone else?

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Interesting.

But Disney's Touchstone produced the show, didn't it? Why would they lose the rights?

Great show. Have the first two seasons, want the third.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I got seasons 1+2 blind during Barns and Noble's buy 1 get 1 free sale (both seasons for about 25 each, not bad at all!) after falling in love with My So-Called Life.

After sitting with them unopened for about 3 months I finally popped season 1 in. Needless to say, I burned through the entire first seasons in just a week or so. I'm now pacing myself through season 2 because I've known about the lack of season 3 news for a while.

This is wonderful news. Hopefully if another company picks up the rights they'll have season 3 match the releases Buena Vista did already (like when Paramount picked up South Park after Warner's release of seasons 1 and 2).

Such a wonderful series, and all three seasons deserve a release.

Shout Factory would be a perfect choice. The work they're doing on My So-Called Life right now is amazing, and it seems natural considering a lot of the same people worked on both shows if I'm not mistaken (at least production-wise).

ChrisKe

Stunt Coordinator
Been waiting for this for a while - would love to see this set completed. Shout Factory does seem a logical choice - anyone know their contact details?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

The rights to the series are with ABC though, which is how the show came to be in this position.

Gord

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
So does that mean there likely won't be a complete series set ? Too many cooks ?

brett tolino

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
brett tolino
This is great news and I hope it gets picked up since this was one of the best shows on television.

EAGERLY waiting for S3 but I do worry... if someone else license's the show, they will probably rerelease S1 and 2 first, which most people have.

Then, if S1 and 2 don't sell, we're right back where we started...

Waiting for S3.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I would hope that whoever picks this up has the intelligence to realize that S1 & 2 are already out there, and get S3 fast tracked. Depending who owns the current masters (and if they don't need to be remastered), getting all three seasons released together is an option. If I were doing it, I would be looking at what extras could be added to all seasons to entice a double dip on S1 & 2. I still think Shout Factory is the best fit.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I was a faithful fan of this show throughout its network run. It has been long enough since I have seen the series that I am ready to watch it on DVD. Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long for Season 3.

brett tolino

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
brett tolino
I'm not usually one to buy anything that I have already but if someone else picks up the show and rereleases S1 and S2 with extras, I will most CERTAINLY buy them since the original releases had nothing.

Then I would just pass on my original dvds to someone else.

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
Wow. I hope something finally happens here. I couldn't believe how long it took to get season 2 on DVD, and then to see the cover art for season 3, only to have it cancelled weeks before release, what a terrible way to treat the fans. I seem to remember some pop music in season 3, I hope they don't have to lose it. Great show, gone before its time. Such a contrast to the majority of the dreck out there.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I wonder if thirtysomething (which I've never seen) will ever get released? That would round out the trilogy.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

It is bigger than a trilogy, it is a quadrilogy (is that a word?)

MSCL, teensomethings

RELATIVITY, twentysomethings.

THIRTYSOMETHING, thirtysomethings

ONCE AND AGAIN, fortysomethings

No word on RELATIVITY yet.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
30something should definitely come out before the short-lived Relativity. At least I hope it does. 30something is yet another show that seems to have disappeared from rerun syndication.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks