Once Again No Homicide S4 Review or Talk?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dave Scarpa, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    OK a mini Review again.

Received my Season 4 of Homicide: Life on the Street. This season is avery similar in Details to the other seasons. This six Disk Set comes in a Cardboard Holder from A&E and each disk has it's own Slim Case. The quality of the video is about the same as the other seasons maybe a tad better. because of the nature of the show the grainey film effects do not always transfer the best and there is some shimmering of Compression artifacts but not as bad as say the ones you'll see on Star trek: Deep Space nine.

To me Season 4 of Homicide hits the series as it's still building to it's Zenith. Season 3 was Great and 4 continues the excellent Writing. From Season 5 on is where things start to slip until the series really starts winding down in quality after Andre Braugher left at the end of Season 6. Homicide was decent upto it's cancellation but it never hit the overall quality of Seasons 3 & 4.

Some Changes greeted this season of Homicide, Felton and Bolander exit and Enter Reed Diamond as Mike Kellerman. I like Kellerman he's a decent replacement and until they Destroyed his character later on in the series, with a storyline that really dragged the series down, he was a good counterweight to Meldrick Lewis.

Some highlights of the Season is "A Doll's Eyes" with a great A performance by Marcia Gay Harden. "Fire" a good Season opener, and the Season Ends with a Knockout Ending that will Leave one character fighting for his professional career and for his life.

You owe it to yourself to at least Netflix this excellent and Groundbreaking Series as it continues to Florish on DVD.

2. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    I just got season 3, so it well be awhile before I get this. Isn't this the season with the 2 parter featuring Bruce Campbell? If so, than all Bruce fabs owe it to themselves to pick it up. It has to be hands down one of Campbells best performances.

3. Ray_Gootz

Ray_Gootz Stunt Coordinator

I got this too but still haven't watched Seson 3. I figure I'll buy them all and then have a big 2 week marathon. This is one of those series where it's guranteed to be a great ride so you want to save it for when you really can enjoy it.

4. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

I just got the season 4 set, but I haven't had a chance to watch it. It has moved up to the top of my queue of unwatched DVDs, though; definitely looking forward to it.

5. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

This is indeed the season with the Bruce Campbell 2-parter. Got my copy over the weekend and it looks great. Season 5 is due in late August, methinks.

6. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I watched "A Doll's Eyes" last night and how this show was never submitted for an emmy I'll never understand. The performance by all the regulars and the guest stars for that show were top notch. Season's six's "The Subway" guest starring Vincent D'inofrio is another ep that should've been given the nod. It's too bad the show never got the attention it deserved.