What's new

Once again, more GC Res. Evil video goodness... (1 Viewer)

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Yes, more amazing footage of Resident Evil 1 for the GameCube. This footage is up at both Gamespot and IGN.com I've got an actual working link this time :D for the Gamespot news article with the links to the video download. IGN.com's coverage of what I assume to be the same video is locked away in their insiders section, so if anybody can confirm it's the same, that would be cool.
Here's the Gamespot article...
One very nice little tidbit revealed in the movie is the localized damage that the new Res Evil will apparently have. Watch for the outright amazing shot where Chris shotguns a zombie's leg into a bloody stump, and the zombie collapses to the ground. Man, I can hardly wait...:D

Jay_Sharp

Stunt Coordinator
While the video looks amazing (as have every other one I've seen) I'm still concerned they are going to have static cameras. I haven't seen any video showing anything to the contrary. I like the RE series alot, but firing off screen at creatures located in the camera hotbox area is kinda lame. For example, the creatures with the long arms that whip out across 50 ft in RE:CV. Man were they difficult, half the time you'd have no warning at all becuase you couldn't see them and their reach was so long. I'm really hoping this is not the case with this new version. Guess we'll find out in a few months. But no doubt, from an eye candy the game is breath-taking.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Jay,

If you read someof th epreviews on certain websites like IGN and Gamespot you will see that this RE also has static cameras it will not have full 3d backdrops like code veronica. It will have 3d rendered backgrounds that will have full motion effects (like lightning and burning fireplaces) looping in the background. If you have ever played Fear Effect, it sort of resembles that style (except much more graphically beefed up.)

That said this game still looks fantastic and I cant wait for it!! This is the main reason I bought a Gamecube!!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think the static camera angles give it more drama and are very effective.

Jay-

You mentioned problems with Code: Veronica, not RE1. They are separate games, so the same problems might not be in the RE1 remake.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Jay, interesting you mention RE:CV because that did irritate me with its camera work, but more because it wasn't the static picture backgrounds of previous REs. I found the 3D work was great to look at, but it moved onscreen very obnoxiously at times, making it difficult to work ones away around.
Since Capcom's giving the game such a graphical make-over, it stands to reason that they'll hopefully fix some of the more problematic camera angles. And it of course does not have those damned annoying long-arm creatures, so no worries about them. Just those freakin' crows instead :D .
Besides, my most major problem with Code Veronica was those way annoying moths you faced later in the game. I've never used so many blue herbs in my life...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks