What's new

On wall speakers? (1 Viewer)

We are building a new home and will have to use either on wall or in wall speakers. I am not sure that I want to use in wall due to poor sound quality. Any recommendations for on wall speakers?

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure why you think in walls are poor sound quality, they are some AMAZING in walls out there. I REALLY like the sound of the Klipsch RCW-5's, just amazing, their RCR-5's are killer too (owned a pair once). They sound like a full floor standing speaker, go demo some at your local audio store. I just bought a set of Klipsch SCW-2 in walls for my bedroom, these are below the RCW line, they are the Synergy line, but still sound great.

Don't over look in walls, they are much nicer looking than a box stuck to the wall :)

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
I have a friend that has these with the wood panels made to match his furniture. He is very happy with the sound and his wife is happy with the look. The same company has custom speakers designed to be recessed in a wall or cabinet. They change the crossover to compensate for being flush mounted. There are good in-walls available. I don't like in-walls because they are considered fixtures and convey when you sell your house.

Scoot & Chris, thanks for the replys. I will look at the speakers you suggested. Another problem with the in walls is having to leave them with the house when we move again!

Any other suggestions?

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

Why can't you take them out sheetrock over the hole? I assume if your selling you would put on a new coat of paint anyway? I agree with the Klipsch in walls.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
You can but you need to do it before you list your house. You really don't want negotiations hung up on whether or not the speakers stay. Then there is how good you or a contractor is at those patches. I've seen some jobs where even knowing where to look it was hard to see signs of repair. Unfortunately, that is rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks