What's new

On the X-Files: Abduction set, is the tagline for "Ascension" fixed? (1 Viewer)

Vincent-P

Second Unit
On the season 2 set, the ep is messed up because during the opening credits, it has the standard "The Truth Is Out There" when it should say "Deny Everything." I've been hoping this would be fixed on the new Mythology set and am wary of picking it up without confirmation that it is. Can anyone who has the set check and provide more details please?

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
Are there any new special features on this set? I only ask because I already own the enire series, but will only double dip if the extras are worth it considering this is by far my favorite show of all time. Thanks.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There's new commentaries on Deep Throat and Duane Barry (with Chris Carter), The Erlenmeyer Flask and Anasazi (with R.W. Goodwin), and End Game (with Frank Spotnitz) and a new documentary on the mythology (which is the equivalent of the docs on the season sets).

All in all, if you want to hear new commentaries on some classic episodes then this set is for you. If you don't care about commentaries, stick with your season sets. Or if you want to see the correct tagline on 'Ascension' :)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I'll have to pick these up once they're all out and price-reduced. Even at $28 it's still too expensive, since I have all nine season boxsets, and I bought them all as they came out.

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, I had no idea there were that many new commentaries. I guess now I know what my $20 Best Buy certificate will be going towards! Thanks for your help TravisR.

LCD22

Screenwriter
TravisR, does the "Pilot", "Deep Throat", "Fallen Angel", "E.B.E.", "The Erlenmeyer Flask", "Little Green Men", "Duane Barry", "One Breath", "Red Museum", "Colony", "End Game", "Anasazi", "The Blessing Way", and "Paper Clip" in this set have their original "taglines", correct? What about the "Previously on 'The X-Files'..." recaps, they're all here on the set, correct? (In this set I think they are "Ascension", "End Game", "The Blessing Way", and "Paper Clip".) When they go to commercial break (fade-to-black), no weird edits, or lost dialogue, etc.? No edits anywhere else either? Thanks.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I haven't gone through the entire set yet but I checked the taglines. The taglines are all "The Truth Is Out There" except the aforementioned Ascension.

Like the season sets, the "Previously On The X-Files" recaps aren't on the set except for End Game. Although no one actually says "Previously On The X-Files", the recap just plays which I think is the way it played originally.

There's no missing dialogue or other edits that I noticed but trying to rememeber everything over more than 150 hours (without commercials) and nine years is kinda hard:)

I have a feeling that the episodes are exactly the same as the season sets (except for Ascension's tagline). So if it was missing a tagline or a previously on in the season set, it's still gone.

EDIT: I made a mistake regarding The Blessing Way's tagline and deleted that part of this post. Sorry if it messed up anyone:)

LCD22

Screenwriter
I think it was "Anasazi" that had its tagline changed to Navajo.

OT, wasn't there a tagline in the first season that was changed to "I Want to Believe"? "E.B.E.", maybe?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I double checked the Mythology set and you're correct. It was Anasazi with the changed tagline to Navajo and it IS correct on the new set (and the Season Two set). I made sure to change my previous post too.

As for E.B.E., there is no change to the episode's tagline on the Mythology set and I think that the tagline has always been The Truth Is Out There. In his commentary, R.W. Goodwin says that The Erlenmeyer Flask was the first time they changed it. I will say that you can't trust my (or maybe even Goodwin's) memory for sure since it's been over a decade.

I told you, there was too much to remember:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks