Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
matt-hough has published a new article.

On the Threshold of Space DVD Review

thresholdspacetop-150x150.jpg

The baby steps necessary to prepare the United States to enter the space race via its NASA Mercury program are recounted in eye-opening detail in...
Continue reading the original article.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
An ancient pan and scan master of a CinemaScope film released on DVD? Yikes!
And when we met with Fox last year, they seemed rather ashamed when we expressed displeasure about pan and scan transfers in the 21st century and led me to believe they were going to try their best not to do this any more. Boy, was I fooled!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
And this really is absolutely the kind of movie I love to discover - I love all of that early space age stuff and gladly would have forked my money over blindly on this if it were OAR. Or even if it was an open matte flat film (but I'd probably never admit I did it). But not for a pan and scan version. Sigh. Really really would have loved to have seen it.

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
I would never watch a pan and scan print. I just sent an email to Starz about doing this on their Western channel.
I got a fairly good reply about bringing this up during an upcoming meeting.Nothing burns me up than starting to watch a widescreen film ,and after the credits it goes Pand Scan !

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
And when we met with Fox last year, they seemed rather ashamed when we expressed displeasure about pan and scan transfers in the 21st century and led me to believe they were going to try their best not to do this any more. Boy, was I fooled!
It was one of the first titles we licensed from Fox - and then had to give back when we discovered the elements weren't up to snuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks