What's new

On the heels of Dolly Pardon covering Led Zeppelin, Mariah Carey covers Def Leppard (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Forget about Dolly Parton covering Led Zeppelin. Mariah Carey will cover Def Leppard's "Bringin' On The Heartbreak" on her upcoming album "Charmbracelet".
It may actually be good, like Dolly Parton's version of "Stairway To Heaven". But then, on the other hand, ......
Here's the story .

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I can't imagine that this song fits Mariah's vocal style, but good luck. It's a great song.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Oh boy - Justin Timberlake sings backup - this is a must have !!!! Hope Santa leaves one in my stocking...

Anyone have a link to the Dolly Parton "Stairway to Heaven" fiasco ? Got to send that to a fellow fan. I hadn't heard of it...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

You can find it on various MP3 servies online, or buy the CD "Horns & Halos". It's no fiasco at all.

I can't believe the close-mindedness and frankly silly reactions of some people. How old are you guys?

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I am okay with Dolly as her recent return to bluegrass shows she is still an important artist.

I don't think Mariah is an artist, on the other hand.

Let the people buy what they want is the best policy. I think it is silly to govern whose songs can be covered or not.

I'm not so formal to think any music is really that sacred.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Has anyone heard Johnny Cashs' cover of Depeche Mode's Personal Jesus? I heard it today for the first time and thought it was a gag on the radio. But it's not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks