What's new

On the Beach DVD Quality? (1 Viewer)

JonS

Stunt Coordinator
I was going to purchase this and did a quick check of the HTF to see if the quality was good or not. Very surprisingly I couldn't find any reviews of this disc. I know that it is not anamorphic, I would just like to know how the quality is. Thanks.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
It's decent. Sharp, good contrast, and clean. Anamorphic is not yet an issue for me, so I would report that this is a very acceptable transfer.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I remember seeing this on the tube, and the eerie scences of empty SF streets just creeped me out as a kid.

The MGM dvd is good, but there is an R3/4(?) Anamorphic version I saw on a Korean/HK site...not sure which -its been awhile, but I do remember drooling...

trivia. if i recall correctly from the book, the source of the radio 'transmission' ended up coming from one 'Edison Technical Institute', now known as Seattle Central Community College (where Im currently enrolled)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
This is a psychological thriller which is a bit dated but a good overall movie. The transfer is decent for the money. I own this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks