On the Beach DVD Quality?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JonS, Mar 13, 2003.

1. JonS

JonS Stunt Coordinator

I was going to purchase this and did a quick check of the HTF to see if the quality was good or not. Very surprisingly I couldn't find any reviews of this disc. I know that it is not anamorphic, I would just like to know how the quality is. Thanks.

2. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    I remember reading the book for a class in Junior High School. I haven't seen the DVD myself, but here is a review at dvdauthority.

3. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    It's decent. Sharp, good contrast, and clean. Anamorphic is not yet an issue for me, so I would report that this is a very acceptable transfer.

4. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

I remember seeing this on the tube, and the eerie scences of empty SF streets just creeped me out as a kid.

The MGM dvd is good, but there is an R3/4(?) Anamorphic version I saw on a Korean/HK site...not sure which -its been awhile, but I do remember drooling...

trivia. if i recall correctly from the book, the source of the radio 'transmission' ended up coming from one 'Edison Technical Institute', now known as Seattle Central Community College (where Im currently enrolled)

5. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    This is a psychological thriller which is a bit dated but a good overall movie. The transfer is decent for the money. I own this one.