On real expensive system.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DonJ, Dec 17, 2002.

1. DonJ

DonJ Second Unit

2. AaronMg

AaronMg Stunt Coordinator

The guy is only selling the speakers... Nothing out of the ordinary.

3. DonJ

DonJ Second Unit

He's selling the amps also. Speakers alone sell $67,000 retail amps are $18,500 each Thats expensive

4. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

And what amazes me the most is he spends that much money, probably more than my whole system on isolation gadgets alone and then just plops everything in a living room surrounded in glass. If he had a proper room, properly treated I'd wish I had his kind of money. As it stands I think he's nuts as he is not realizing a fraction of what the system is capable of.

5. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Dustin,

From the layout he fits into my "lots of dollars, but very little sense" category!

6. Donald_Spry

Donald_Spry Stunt Coordinator

That is extremely nice, and extremely expensive IMHO. You should see the two systems in this months issue of Robb Report. Each were MILLION DOLLAR systems . I don't subscribe to the mag, but I got one this past week out of pure curiosity. I could afford the magazine, and that is about it. They have adds for islands for sell! Islands!
    One system had every channel in the setup running the Wilsons Grand SLAMM's all powered by Levinson's. It had a equipment room that looked like our server farm at work! Racks and Racks of equipment. Unbelievable. You should check it out.
    They also had separate brochure for a home theater installation company call CAT MBX. Out of this world set-ups. Their pricing was from, and I quote "the high 200's to over 3 million." I believe they had a website listed, but I didn't even bother.
    DJ

7. mctague

mctague Stunt Coordinator

Cat's rather dated website is at:
    http://www.calaudiotech.com/
    And their "featured theaters" link shows their "old", 6-figure speaker systems. Which, by the way, include something in the order of 26 in-wall subwoofers! Idea being so many subwoofers will ensure no nulls...but I'm more fond of the idea of having dual subs with each channel, along with a bunch of subs for LFE duty...

8. DonJ

DonJ Second Unit

Dustin B I agree completely. He needs a different room. He probably has no idea what it could sound like.

9. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

What a beautiful house =(

10. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

Can anyone saw, "Smash and Grab" LOL

Geez if I had a system like that it certainly be in a glass room, for that reason alone, let alone the reflections dear god!

11. AaronMg

AaronMg Stunt Coordinator

The guy says hes auctioning the amps seperatly. Anyways, if you like that stuff, click here - go to page 29 if you want to see a real 1,000,000+ setup[​IMG]

12. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Not sure you could classify those as a smash and grab option. The speakers weigh 600lbs each and I think the amps weigh over 300lbs each.

13. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

AaronMg,