What's new

? on Married With Children Season 1 vs. Outrageous 1 & 2 (1 Viewer)

John Gido

Second Unit
I have a question concerning the above releases. I had asked for "Married With Children Season 1" for Xmas. Unfortunately Season 1 could not be found at any local B&M stores :frowning:. The gift giver (my mother-in-law, who is very good to me) was told that purchasing "Outrageous Episodes 1 & 2" would be almost the same thing (which I know is not tue).

Here lies my problem. Should I keep Outrageous Episodes and look to purchase Season 1 when available OR return Vols 1 & 2 in exchange for Season 1? Obviously, there are benefits to owning both collections but what is the overlap of episodes contained on Season 1 and the Outrageous Episodes?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
There is no overlap between episodes. Neither of the 2 "best-ofs" contains season 1 episodes. The only advantage of having the 2 "best-ofs" is to have episodes that won't be released in the season sets for some time yet (if ever). Otherwise, I'd say return them for Season 1, which includes the recent 45-minute reunion special as an extra.

John Gido

Second Unit
Scott,

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'll just keep them and pick up Season 1 on my own. Like you said, who knows if anything more will be released from this show.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Not true. "Have you driven a Ford lately" is on one of the Best Of discs. Also, I read here that it's cut because they used the sydicated version, whereas the version on the Season 1 release is complete.

Chris

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
If you're a big fan of the show, then that's what I would suggest. Since it cost you nothing to own these best-ofs, and since they contain many fun eps that you won't get on DVD any other way for a long time, then it's worth it for the supermarket 2-parter ("You Better shop Around" on Volume 1) alone! ;)

John Gido

Second Unit
Thanks, Dave. I was waiting to see how long it would take for you to respond, knowing how big a fan of the show you are.

I'm a little disappointed that they didn't release the Christmas episode w/Sam Kinnison. This was one of my favorites.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
John, I agree that should be on DVD. But so should 11 other seasons worth of Bundy fun! :D

At least they aired it last week. You did catch that, right? Just as great as ever! :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Oops. I read through the list of episode titles on the 2 discs at Amazon, and didn't recognize any of them as being from season 1 - didn't realize that was the episode where they bought the car.

Sorry for the incorrect info, John.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
How did the S1 set sell? I heard a few people couldn't even find it in some stores because they weren't stocking it.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Quite the opposite, at least locally for me. 100% of the stores I shop at carried it (except for Costco). Every one of them had sold out of their stock by the following Tuesday.

Columbia keeps sales information very secret, so other than whatever the "top 10" charts may reveal (which I don't follow, so I'll let others post that info), there's no great way of knowing how well it sold overall. Anecdotal evidence is pretty much all you've got to go on.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Well, I hope we see more season sets (I refuse to buy Best-Of's) because I forgot just how funny this show was. It had been years since I saw the Bundy's in action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks