On-line tutorial of Widescreen for newbies???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DaViD Boulet, Dec 18, 2001.

1. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Hey all.

I've got a couple of friends who will be getting DVD players for Christmas this year. They are all in the "I hate black bars on my TV" camp and since won't be seeing them on Christmas when they hook up their DVD players for the first time to be horrified by the black bars on their TV, I thought it might be a good idea to find some cool website with some great explanations and images showing exactly what P/S is and how widescreen fixes it. Then I can print out some pages to accompany the DVD package and hopefully head-off some black-bar disappointment.

Anyone know of some great easy-to-read sites with good pictures showing just what P/S and widescreen are all about?

thanks!

-dave

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    One of the members here in the HTF is working on just such an online tutorial. I am hoping he will respond in this thread. I expect it to be a great tutorial indeed.

3. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

4. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

Later this week, my web site will be back online. (It's down right now) I've got a nice flash tutorial at:
    http://www.ryanwright.com/ht/oar.shtml
    I'm working on an improved version of it now. When it's done, it will replace the current tutorial at the same URL.

5. Basi Nanda

Basi Nanda Stunt Coordinator