On-Line Purchase Warnings ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Ailstock, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Scott Ailstock

Scott Ailstock Auditioning

I was recently surfing the net for Sony ES receivers and Klipsch speakers. I came across a couple web sights with some pretty amazing prices. brandnamez.com and expressaudiovideo.com were the two that I found. Does anybody have any history/advise/warnings on dealing with such internet vendors ? Thanks for your help.

2. Mark.D

Mark.D Agent

3. Jose T

Jose T Stunt Coordinator

I have been on the net searching for the same receiver as well as other components for my new H/T set in my basement. I also asked the same questions about both of the sites you mentioned and even wrote to yahoo about them. No repsonse from anyone. Prices are too good to be true. Only advise is buyer beware. If anyone has any further input let us know. Lower prices and unauthorised dealer spells trouble.

4. Jose T

Jose T Stunt Coordinator

I have been on the net searching for the same receiver as well as other components for my new H/T set in my basement. I also asked the same questions about both of the sites you mentioned and even wrote to yahoo about them. No repsonse from anyone. Prices are too good to be true. Only advise is buyer beware. If anyone has any further input let us know. Lower prices and unauthorised dealer spells trouble.

5. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

The first link goes to a "This domain name is for sale" page.

The second link goes to a site where the Sony STR-DA4ES is $699. You can get it from online Sony authorized dealers for $640.

6. Scott Ailstock

Scott Ailstock Auditioning

JustinR - Where have you found the DA4ES for $640.00 from an authorized dealer ? Thanks