On Her Majesty's Secret Service ?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Miles Lucasso, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Miles Lucasso

Miles Lucasso Stunt Coordinator

They obviously have reprinted this movie to include it in the latest James Bond collection
    Does anyone know if it will be released as a single DVD?

-miles

2. HankM

HankM Second Unit

I remember reading the official release news by MGM at DVDfile and MGM provideing siingle pricing as well as prices for box 2 & 3. The catch is that every website I checked out only has the boxes for release on Tuesday, there is nothing on individual releases. Someone here said in a thread yesterday that MGM says they will release single versions down the road. I hope single versions show up on Tuesday.

[​IMG]

3. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

Last time the rereleased the Collection 1 box, my Wal-Mart had all the individual titles for $15 each.

4. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

The main question, does anyone know if they fixed the DVD? The original release was the shorter, US cut while the old laserdisc was the longer international release.

There was a lot of talk about this when it was originally released.

5. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk
    You've got your OHMSS versions confused. Many prints outside of the US omit the safe cracking scene in Gumbold's office. The DVD has this scene. The DVD is missing a handful of shots, which are all pretty inconsequential. It's not major footage. Yes, I want it properly restored, but lets try and keep the facts straight.

Neil

6. Reagan

Reagan Supporting Actor

Reagan
    To follow up on Neil's point,
    IIRC, Region 1 of OHMSS is missing two lines of dialog.

-Reagan

7. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

8. Jeff Swearingen

Jeff Swearingen Second Unit

Jeff
    Wasn't there a couple of seconds of footage missing involving a cable car at some point?

On a side note, the OHMSS theme is the background music for the Incredibles trailer!

9. Britton

Britton Supporting Actor

Yeah, there was some footage missing of the cable car when Bond's blonde haired associate is scaling the mountain. The weird thing is the sound of the cable car is where it should be, except it's playing during the following shot when you see the guy scaling the mountain.

I believe there's also a small portion missing during the car chase with Bond and Tracy, and later during the start of the rescue operation and assault on Blofeld's lab.

10. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

Didn't MGM unceremoniously correct a few of the errors on the "Volume I" re-release last year? I'm not familiar with all the errors present in the original discs, but I believe I remember reading something about a lip-synch problem in "Licence To Kill" being corrected for last year's edition. Perhaps MGM has quietly corrected some other errors in the new discs.

11. Britton

Britton Supporting Actor

Yes, the lip-sycnh problem was corrected for Licence To Kill. However, I don't know if I'll be able to find out first hand if OHMSS has been fixed since it sounds like the movies in Vols. 2 and 3 won't be sold individually. I still need 5 Bond movies and I'm going to have to buy both boxed sets to get them all. I'll have to take a definite pass.