What's new

On a lighter note, what was the BEST day of your life? (1 Viewer)

Eve T

Supporting Actor
The best day of my life is today, because I am still alive and that means anything is possible.

Eve

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Come on somebody, don't you have a recolection about the best day of your life? I was hoping this post would cheer some people up, as I saw in the what was the worst day of your life there were many sad stories, mine was one of them and I wanted to lift some spirits. So let's hear it, what was the best day of your life?

Scott Hayes

Second Unit
Ok, here goes. Early last year I found out I had to have surgery that would lay me up for half the year. That didnt bother me too bad, I had medical insurance and pay protection insurance. The problem was I had been saving for a 46" Mitsubishi RPTV and a new home digital receiver. I was really depressed that I might have to use that money for unseen expenses while I was out of work. That very night I bought a scratch off lottery ticket and won $5000. All was right with the world.
I had a really close female friend. We had been really close for years. The whole time I was secretly deeply in love with her. Never told her out of fear of ruining the friendship. One day at dinner she told me how much she loved me and didnt want to go thru life without me. She had felt the same way as I did the whole time. When she told me I was so happy I think I may have levitated.:D

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Watching me kids be born is always good.

BTW, Eve, why do you feel the need to increase your text sizes for every post you make? It's kinda jarring, analogous TO 'SHOUTING' BY PRINTING EVERYTHING IN CAPS, at least to my poor eyes. :)

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
I consider the best day of my life any I can spend with family, be it my wife, my children, siblings, best friend, etc. :)
~Kurt

Eve T

Supporting Actor
BTW, Eve, why do you feel the need to increase your text sizes for every post you make? It's kinda jarring, analogous TO 'SHOUTING' BY PRINTING EVERYTHING IN CAPS, at least to my poor eyes. :)

I'm not increasing my text size or shouting or whatnot, I'm new to this board and still getting used to the features and text, such as when I first signed on and registered it gave me the option of using text size and certain fonts, well I used the text size that you just saw...I didn't know it was that big so I find myself editing all my messages to make the text smaller, I was just tired and didn't feel like editing yet another message.

Thanks

Eve

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Eve, you can go into your User Preferences to change the default size of your text.

The best day of my life happened in a hospital. I was 18 years old and had just had major surgery to remove my large intestine. I had really bad ulcerative colitis.

Fortunately for me, during a prior hospitalization for a particularly bad bout, I was visited by 2 surgeons who told me about a new procedure they were doing. Prior to this, I had always been told that I would eventually lose my intestine and have to live the rest of my life with an ostomy bag. Fortunately, this new procedure involved reconfiguration of the small intestine to elimnate the need for any external aparatus.

Before all of this happened, I was a very shy and awkward kid. So shy in fact, that I couldn't turn my head while walking down a crowded hallway because of all the people. It was pretty bad.

Well, after I had my surgery, I was in my room one day and I looked out the window to the back alley. I noticed a small puddle of water (it had been raining) and it hit me that that puddle was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. I was looking at the world through new eyes.

After much suffering at the hands of my diseased intestine, it was finally over and I realized just how much life was really worth. I've never been the same since.

As any of you who have read my posts or who know me at all have probably realized, that shy kid exists no longer.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, I'm in perfect health to this day.

Some other great days:

- Sunday in the park with the boy I love (even though we didn't end up together).

- My first guitar lesson.

- Chatting with the homeless folk in Golden Gate park.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
The best day of my life was Christmas Day '93 when my daughter was born. She came out screaming like only a newborn can... Nurses took her and did their mini-checkup, drew blood, wrapped her in a blanket and passed the screaming banshee to me.

While my wife was pregnant, I did a lot of "talking" to her stomach. When I got that baby in my arms and said "Hi Kelly", she immediately stopped crying and calmed down. Most amazing feeling I've ever felt, and still get teary-eyed thinking about it. My wife had a tough delivery and was pretty zoned out on various epidurals and morphine, so that first day was just me watching the Bulls play on Christmas day, while my daughter napped on my shoulder.

That day will last me a lifetime.

PaulG

Stunt Coordinator
I've had a lotta great days in my fifty years. But not so long ago I brought my daughter home from a lengthy stay at the hospital. That was a good day, but she was still pretty sick. She is better now, running around with her friends and giving me grief. She still has to do a test on herself everyday, but everyday she tests negative, decreases the chance of a relapse. She is below 60% now, so every day is a better day, aiming for that best day when she is pronounced cured.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Great thread topic, Eve!

I've had many "Best Days" - usually occupying different areas of my life. There have been great days with friends and the movies - the latest being the road trip to Washington DC to see "2001" on the Cinerama screen. Great days with my siblings and parents. Great days just to be alive (the morning I woke up after my emergency gall bladder surgery and realized I was ok). Great days with my wife and son.

I think every day you can be with friends & loved ones is a great day!

Kevin P

Screenwriter
The best day of my life was May 10, 1997. This was the day that I took my lovely, wonderful Heather to be my wife.
That was 5 years ago now and I haven't regretted it for a microsecond.
Great thread topic, Eve! Welcome to the forum, by the way! :)
KJP

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I'm too young :p)
So far tops on my list are the day I got my drivers license and the day I finished building my sub :D
Although those are good moments, I sure hope they get a lot better than that ;)
Been a bunch of little things. Getting a kid to dive or get into the deepend for the first time. The one rescue I had to make during my lifeguard career. Winning this and that, doing well in this and that. Nothing that really stands out though.

Jason Handy

Second Unit
For all the biologists out there....my best day was definitely gastrulation! Without it, I would have never developed a spinal cord and been able to write off-the-wall posts.
Actually, my best day (post-birth) was my wedding day, 6 months ago (on Monday). Man I got lucky with a great girl. She ain't perfect but she has got so many endearing qualities that I have come to lean on when I am down in the dumps.
Guys...never underestimate the power of a great smile on a woman. It will paralyze you :)
Jason

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
The best day was my wedding day. In fact my life is so good that it could only be changed by

A: Having a baby.

and/or

B: winning the powerball

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I figure the day Emmanuelle Beart goes out with me will be the best day of my life! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks